• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 95 19.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 364 76.3%

• Total voters

Dr. Noooooo

Via. YouTube? Probably not.

Alpha Audio, however, also on YouTube, are having very good recordings, and I can hear the differences in amplifiers via wireless earbuds for 30€, using my Nvidia ShieldTV as Bluetooth source.
But this kind of demos will always be limited.
Alpha Audio, are you serious? Please provide a link where they have good quality recordings.

avdoc

Power thermal review is up:

@amirm I'm concerned about the heat. The whole reason I wanted class D was for improved efficiency. Can you please check your units with the 48V/5A power supplies and report back how hot they get? I'm wondering if the units need holes in the top to better dissipate the heat (like with the stereo amp)?

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The external power supplies are bigger than the V3 amp module. Crazy! :facepalm:
This seems to be the case with almost every decent amplifier, isn’t it!
Purify psu are larger than amplification module, same is case with some nCore’s as well.
One may easily realize that a decent psu is needed to get best of the amplifier modules.

Guddu

Got up too late. The 2 X V3, 48V/5A PS combo slots are filled. Had to get a single 10A PS.
You haven’t lost anything worth critical consideration though.

Last edited:

BrokenOath

Via. YouTube? Probably not.

Alpha Audio, however, also on YouTube, are having very good recordings, and I can hear the differences in amplifiers via wireless earbuds for 30€, using my Nvidia ShieldTV as Bluetooth source.
But this kind of demos will always be limited.
Interesting!! - I listened to his audio samples using a FIIO FH9 IEM, I preferred the sound of the AMP A; this sound is more to my liking/taste.

avdoc

Per Cheapaudioman the units he had barely got warm (
). I'm hoping the faulty power supply the Scientific Audiophile had may have been causing the heating issue (
).

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Am I the only one who is concerned about the recent Fosi marketing campaigns that are all about kickstarters and pre-orders?
Don't buy it if you don't like it. I for one will buy them on Amazon eventually, unless the beta testers have problems. :cool:

a small business trying to disrupt a market
What does that even mean?
1Vv.gif

You haven’t lost anything worth critical consideration
Except the ability to use them more than a meter or so apart from another.

Sure it is.
What else do you know about the Fosi V3 Mono Plus? :p

BrokenOath

I subscribed to the kickstarter and received the email this morning with the link to order, but I decided not to order them; I'll wait.

sl1982

Can anyone explain the point of the MUSES02 opamp chip in the stretch rewards? If each of these uses more than one opamp there isn't much point in getting one. Unless it is one per amplifier ordered but still doesnt make a lot of sense.

Guddu

Except the ability to use them more than a meter or so apart from another.
I add many more, but separate PSUs become a requirement rather than a consideration if amplifiers need to go that far from each other.
:oops:

Guddu

I add many more, but separate PSUs become a requirement rather than a consideration if amplifiers need to go that far from each other.
:oops:
I just realized that I actually have added many considerations for separate PSUs in one of previous posts :)

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
@amirm. If I may ask will you please detail the power output linearity tests that you ran? Was it a blip of a signal etc<?> How was it run and for how long<?>
index.php

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In this context (and in my opinion), creating a lower cost point of entry for features that typically cost considerably more.
Right.
They are the only company i know, that actually listens to their customers, and gives them exactly what they desire, whithin a sensible timeframe. If this is disrupting a market, i want to see more of it. :cool:

Can anyone explain the point of the MUSES02 opamp chip in the stretch rewards? If each of these uses more than one opamp there isn't much point in getting one. Unless it is one per amplifier ordered but still doesnt make a lot of sense.
Welcome to ASR :)
I'm not an expert, but people use them to change noise and distortion to their liking.
I'm not convinced it's something audible, but others are.
The way i see it, you need two of these MUSES02 for one mono block, so i don't get it either.

Guess I'll be waiting for the RCA optimized version then.
I'm not sure this is a real problem, the RCA result is still exceptionally good for the money. Distortion looks exactly the same and all you have to deal with is a tiny amount of additional noise. I doubt it's audible 10cm or so from the tweeter, certainly not at a meter away or so.

Jefesix

Looks very good regardless of price. If you are going to need 2 of them, Just make sure to get separate power supplies. I heard they are bundling 2 of them with just one 48 V 10 AMP power supply( instead of 5 amp)which will probably defeat the benefits of the design of this product. Question, the XLR/TRS input is it really a Balanced input? Or just for purpose of more flexibility or amount of inputs?

EddNog

Looks very good regardless of price. If you are going to need 2 of them, Just make sure to get separate power supplies. I heard they are bundling 2 of them with just one 48 V 10 AMP power supply( instead of 5 amp)which will probably defeat the benefits of the design of this product. Question, the XLR/TRS input is it really a Balanced input? Or just for purpose of more flexibility or amount of inputs?
The balanced input is the real, direct input as it is a bridged architecture amplifier. There is a rollable op-amp for the RCA single-ended input to convert it to balanced.

-Ed

Top Bottom