• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Inertiaman

Forum Donor
Re: this patent to which people are referring: is it an issued patent, or a patent application? What little language I've seen cut/pasted here leaves me skeptical that a patent has been issued for such blather, but I'd be happy to be corrected.

EDIT: nevermind, I had better luck w/ my second search effort and found the issued patent. Thankfully for the world, it expires in 2034, so all the other speaker manufacturers can exploit the genius of Mr. Alexander's enlightened acoustical physics skills.

US9247339B2 if anyone wants to poke around.

Last edited:

Katzz

Anyway, I was actually suprised by the review and it seemed overall positive. That may because I expected the speakers to be complete garbage when measured.
The on-axis frequency response was quite decent but the horizontal dispersion was really odd with that reduction of dispersion from 900 hz to 1.7 khz and then becoming really wide again at 1.9 khz. Im not sure it I am allow to post some screenshots about that or some extreme low resolution pictures

Gwreck

The on-axis frequency response was quite decent but the horizontal dispersion was really odd with that reduction of dispersion from 900 hz to 1.7 khz. Im not sure it I am allow to post some screenshots about that or some extreme low resolution pictures
Yeah I expected nothing to be good, I had very low expectations.

Jim Taylor

Forum Donor
A bunch of you are famous now. @CleanSound

I noticed that at minute 18:30, Mr. Stevens comments on what he believes is another, similar incident, but cannot immediately remember the name of the person involved. At minute 19:04, he remembers the name of the person involved in the other, similar incident.

Jim

Axo1989

Major Contributor

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
IMG_2828.png
Update from Patreon, just posted.

I got Erin’s approval to post here.

bmwr75

I took the feet off my Tekton Audio Impact Monitors soon after receiving them so they could be used on some stands already owned. Never put them back on. Checked today and sure enough the hole (threaded receptacle) the feet screw in to are open all the way into the speaker. Never knew that. Have reinstalled the feet and will give them a listen in the next day or so to see if any noticeable change occurs.

Each hole is ~0.25 inches which calculates to 0.049 square inches area per hole, or 0.196 square inches for four feet holes. Haven't measure the port diameter, but it has to be at least 2" or 3.14 square inches area. I know the length of the hole also matters. Will have to make those measurements tomorrow.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
I noticed that at minute 18:30, Mr. Stevens comments on what he believes is another, similar incident, but cannot immediately remember the name of the person involved. At minute 19:04, he remembers the name of the person involved in the other, similar incident.

Jim

Except he remembered it wrong. It might not surprise anyone who it actually was in that mess.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It appears that this Texton-gate episode has gone viral-ish.
:)
It should the principle of this is of primary importance and everybody that does reviews, AV talk show hosts and stuff all are on the line here.

Mark617

It should the principle of this is of primary importance and everybody that does reviews, AV talk show hosts and stuff all are on the line here.
The unfortunate side is that in the podcast above, some were wishy washy about publishing non-positive reviews. My thought is that if one wants to be an “influencer” one must take the risk of suffering inconvenience when speaking the truth. Any professional with integrity must assume that risk, otherwise do not choose to be an “influencer.” One has to earn that by having integrity as Amir who has not caved into deranged threats.

Jim Taylor

Forum Donor
Except he remembered it wrong. It might not surprise anyone who it actually was in that mess.

My, my! Since I was curious, I searched on the web. It seems the more things don't change, the more they remain the same. :rolleyes:

Jim

Top Bottom