• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Magico M7 speakers

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
But they're more audiophile speakers than pro studio monitors
Not to mention that they're passive .
Mastering engineers often have big domestic use speakers. I imagine part of it is impressing your customers that you're serious.

OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Mastering engineers often have big domestic use speakers. I imagine part of it is impressing your customers that you're serious.
Why not use gigantic main monitors then ?;)

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Why not use gigantic main monitors then ?;)
Unsightly. The mastering setups I've seen are basically a nice listening room like you or I might have, with conventional home furniture etc.

OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Unsightly. The mastering setups I've seen are basically a nice listening room like you or I might have, with conventional home furniture etc.
Damn
they do like nice
_06A1892+23.jpg

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
Why not just get some impressive looking dummy speakers made up and just don't tell the client that it's the small Nuemann or Genelec monitors that are actually playing. :)

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Why not just get some impressive looking dummy speakers made up and just don't tell the client that it's the small Nuemann or Genelec monitors that are actually playing. :)
Who knows, maybe some do that :D

prestigetone

If only they published their own klippel results. I’d go ascend before magico for the transparency. Wish ascend did active designs

Last edited:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
OMG, Look at the size of that D'Agostino power amp.
And I'm sure it's a monoblock. LOL

Short38

The video shows that they are monoblocks. There is an entire shelf of D’Agostino equipment. Didn’t have the sound on so am not sure why the shelf is there. Way beyond my feeble brain to understand.

Mikig

but I'm also using aluminum speakers. They are not the “Magico”! Unfortunately ;)
More precisely, aluminum with MDF glued to avoid resonances... so they say.

I must be sincere? I really like. Among the characteristics that I love about these speakers are their neutrality and elegant balance. You can't hear the box, (perhaps it's more a defect of some speakers listened to, not all of them are like that: but it gives you an idea).

So yes, I would like to listen to the “Magico” M7, to be able to hear another aluminum speaker, but high-end and with superior components…

Last edited:
OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
but I'm also using aluminum speakers. They are not the “Magico”! Unfortunately ;)

I must be sincere? I really like. Among the characteristics that I love about these speakers are their neutrality and elegant balance. You can't hear the box, (perhaps it's more a defect of some speakers listened to, not all of them are like that: but it gives you an idea).

So yes, I would like to listen to the “Magico” M7, to be able to hear another aluminum speaker, but high-end and with superior components…
And your speakers are?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I'd love to get the opportunity to hear these, along with the 9s and others.
From what I've read on their design, the measurements at Stereophile, etc; unlike some other extreme
priced products, these guys do design for the the top end of the performance ladder. IMO there's little doubt
that cabinet rigidity, quality drivers, and the rest of Magico's design philosophies should add up to a product
that offers SOTA performance.
Now the big question is, does the high cost of these attributes and it's price tag
combine to offer a level of performance that exceeds what is available from others at a lower cost? There is a
lot of competition in this speakers size/build area, where is it on the diminishing returns scale?

Mikig

From what I've read on their design, the measurements at Stereophile, etc; unlike some other extreme
priced products, these guys do design for the the top end of the performance ladder. IMO there's little doubt
that cabinet rigidity, quality drivers, and the rest of Magico's design philosophies should add up to a product
Now the big question is, does the high cost of these attributes and it's price tag
combine to offer a level of performance that exceeds what is available from others at a lower cost? There is a
lot of competition in this speakers size/build area, where is it on the diminishing returns scale?

I would like it too, but as far as I'm concerned the price is prohibitive.
However, for what it's worth, to date, I've only ever heard good things about all the “Magico” speakers…

OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor

Finally another fan of aluminum speakers ;)
I can't afford the Piegas but maybe some aluminum Genelecs in the future .

MKR

Major Contributor
I have heard several Magico models, and they are indeed very well engineered. But, you are paying a lot for attributes that are simply unnecessary. All that to say, you can get same/better performance for much (much) less. But I do agree, it is refreshing to see some stratospheric priced HEA that is actually well designed.

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

That's why I find audio shows so fun. You actually get to hear some of these type of speakers. Even if not in the best conditions, but still I find it an attraction.

OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
They sound pretty good on the sound demo on the video

Top Bottom