• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps 2ch Integrated Amplifier

Dreamslayer

Would be interesting to Poll this. My guess would be ~25% wanting a crossover, and perhaps a similar amount also wanting delay control & EQ.
There are people with & without subwoofers and some people like to get into optimizing the setup/integration while others don't have the need or haven't seen the light.

At this point for those with 2.X setups that like to dial in setup i think BuckeyeAMP + MiniDSP is still the go-too.
Another option with less adjustability is the Outlaw Audio Stereo Receiver with its unique user selectable analog crossover.
(It is also comparable in price)
It does seem like there are more options available all the time.

I've used an AVR, I've used an SVS Sub with a line level crossover and I currently use the Parasound Hint IA which has an analog crossover - very similar to what the Outlaw amp has. I was originally going to get an Outlaw but kept seeing people reporting issues and got spooked - I picked up a used Parasound for about 10% more than the cost of a new Outlaw. My only real issue is that this amp is huge and heavy and 240WPC (into 4ohms) is serious overkill for a desktop system.

The Sabaj and the Wiim solutions look like very good entry level options and I love the form factor.

There is a good chance that 2.1 will remain somewhat niche but I'm surprised more people are not more demanding when it comes to bass performance.

The Cambridge audio amps like AXA/CXA have 2.1 implementations, I believe there are many more 2.1

The Buckeye integrated would be the first 2.2 amp !!! with L/R sub-outs, I hope it will support speaker configurations 2.0, 2.1, and 2.2 with a cross-over setting.
Oops... Marantz Stereo 70s seems to be 2.2 capable, it has two subwoofer outputs!

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
2ch Integrated Amplifier Specifications/Features List (w/o Add-on card):

XLR Inputs (x2)
RCA Inputs (x2)

RCA Outputs (x2)
- User specifies desired behavior at checkout
- EX: User could specify Mono Sub outputs w/Low Pass Filter (24dB Octave, Analog)
- EX: User could specify Stereo Sub outputs w/Low Pass Filter (24dB Octave, Analog)
- EX: User can opt for no Filter Card and use RCA Outputs as full range Pre-outs
- Filter Card is user changeable (can order multiple iterations for minimal cost)
- If Filter Card is installed, user can switch RCA Output behavior (Pre-out vs. Sub out) via Remote

5-way Binding Post Speaker Outputs
- If user has selected a Filter Card for their sub outs, then a High Pass Filter (24dB Octave, Analog) will also be applied to speaker outputs

Volume Control Knob
- Stepped Attenuator (0.5dB steps w/128dB range)
- Press knob to mute system

Front Power Button
- Single press turns unit on
- Press to cycle inputs (once on)
- Hold to turn off

Remote control (metal)
- Includes Dim button for Front LED Display

Supported 2ch Configurations:
- NC252MP
- NC502MP
- Purifi 1ET400A
- Purifi 1ET7040SA
- Hypex NCx500

Software Features:
- FW Updates (via Phone or WiFi)

Add-On Card Features being explored (for future release)
- DAC
- Dirac Live
- Parametric DSP Filters
- HDMI EARC

Last edited:

Wisehybred

Super stoked! So you’ll have the 7040 available at launch?
Also any updated pics?

ViperDom

RCA Outputs (x2)
- EX: User could specify Mono Sub outputs w/Low Pass Filter (24dB Octave, Analog)
- EX: User could specify Stereo Sub outputs w/Low Pass Filter (24dB Octave, Analog)

Is the Low-pass filter fixed or variable/selectable? if fixed what is the freq or available freq to choose from?

Is there a High-pass filter available for the speaker outputs? if yes is it fixed or variable/selectable?, and will it be switchable(on/off)

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Is the Low-pass filter fixed or variable/selectable? if fixed what is the freq or available freq to choose from?

Is there a High-pass filter available for the speaker outputs? if yes is it fixed or variable/selectable?, and will it be switchable(on/off)
Filters will be fixed. Values to be determined

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Clarification added:

- If user has selected a Filter Card for their sub outs, then a High Pass Filter (24dB Octave, Analog) will also be applied to speaker outputs

samysound

XLR Inputs (x2)
RCA Inputs (x2)

RCA Outputs (x2)
- EX: User can opt for no Filter Card and use RCA Outputs as full range Pre-outs
- Filter Card is user changeable (can order multiple iterations for minimal cost)
- If Filter Card is installed, user can switch RCA Output behavior (Pre-out vs. Sub out) via Remote

Volume Control Knob

Front Power Button
- Hold to turn off

Remote control (metal)

- NC252MP
- NC502MP
- Purifi 1ET400A
- Purifi 1ET7040SA
- Hypex NCx500

Software Features:

- DAC
- Dirac Live
- Parametric DSP Filters
- HDMI EARC
Will any of the add on feature cards allow for DSP based cross-over capabilities on the pre-outs? Also are you planning for two channel Dirac or four channels with Bass Control DIRAC that works with he subwoofer outputs?

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Will any of the add on feature cards allow for DSP based cross-over capabilities on the pre-outs? Also are you planning for two channel Dirac or four channels with Bass Control DIRAC that works with he subwoofer outputs?
The Add-on card details are still a work in progress. So I cannot give even "possible" solutions. But final details will be hashed out and concrete before we sell the base model integrated.

Syracuse27

This is great. Looking forward to the final product! Any chance an A/B speaker output will be added so you can have two sets of speakers connected?

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
This is great. Looking forward to the final product! Any chance an A/B speaker output will be added so you can have two sets of speakers connected?
Most likely not. Only so much we can accommodate.

renoxd

Would be nice to have Full Digital Amplifier where DAC is not needed at all. The same solution is used in smsl vmv a2

LTTelamon

XLR Inputs (x2)
RCA Inputs (x2)

RCA Outputs (x2)

Volume Control Knob

Front Power Button
- Hold to turn off

Remote control (metal)

- NC252MP
- NC502MP
- Purifi 1ET400A
- Purifi 1ET7040SA
- Hypex NCx500

Software Features:

- DAC
- Dirac Live
- Parametric DSP Filters
- HDMI EARC
Will it have auto sensing?

Top Bottom