• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Schiit Magni Unity with onboard DAC

JK47

You'll have to understand that amps like this, according to the measurements, will output the exact same electrical voltage waveform as say the L30.
Then why doesn't Topping produce only one amp, and keep producing newer models? One model should be enough to last forever, no?

oleg87

Why not have someone from here watch it live, perhaps at a large meet (CanJam, audio show, etc) that they may already be attending. There could be a quiet private room that your referee could verify was free from any form of cheating, and the verification could take place.

Or, just make another excuse...
Not the most logistically simple thing to organize. If you can't validate that the specific units in question measure like the differences between them should be beyond human hearing, it's kind of a pointless exercise - you'd need to drag a fair bit of hefty and expensive kit along with you. If Marv ever finds himself in the sf bay area or LA with his setup in tow I'd personally be game to run whatever test protocol the ASR hivemind deems sufficiently rigorous (and I'm sure we could scrape together a couple other skeptical folks with an electronics background around here) and livestream it or whatever, though not particularly eager to deal with the extremely hostile attitudes of SBAF folks.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hard to meet someone if you refuse to do so.

Amir doesn't have to be there, just send a trusted lackey to verify the test, quite simple really.
I volunteered you as the first order lackey. Is there a reason you are refusing this?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I don't take orders from women
Shame. There are many who are smarter than you. Maybe that is a lesson you want to learn before attempting to understand proper testing of audio gear.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Then why doesn't Topping produce only one amp, and keep producing newer models? One model should be enough to last forever, no?
It should and it does. The market though, especially in asia, demands fresh products so they keep producing them. I myself buy good stuff and keep them for years.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Why not have someone from here watch it live, perhaps at a large meet (CanJam, audio show, etc) that they may already be attending. There could be a quiet private room that your referee could verify was free from any form of cheating, and the verification could take place.

Or, just make another excuse...
Once again, I trust you to do the first order evaluation of his claims. We can teach you how the test should be done, you go there with your phone and watch and record it. Once you are convinced and can show us the same, then we have something to discuss. I just don't understand why are reluctant to lift a finger to do this as the proper, logical next step.

JK47

Shame. There are many who are smarter than you. Maybe that is a lesson you want to learn before attempting to understand proper testing of audio gear.
It's OK, when you want to come outside to the real world we will be waiting to greet you with open arms.

JK47

Once again, I trust you to do the first order evaluation of his claims. We can teach you how the test should be done, you go there with your phone and watch and record it. Once you are convinced and can show us the same, then we have something to discuss. I just don't understand why are reluctant to lift a finger to do this as the proper, logical next step.
LOL, more excuses

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
That is why I suggested a quiet, private room. Quite easy to rent a hotel room at a show, I'll pay for the room out of my pocket.
On what basis are you so confident that you want to waste your money that way? Go ahead and outline the reasons.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
It's OK, when you want to come outside to the real world we will be waiting to greet you with open arms.
Again, to do what? You have not articulated anything about the test. What are you going to do? Do you even know?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I'll give them to you in person, how about that?
Why are you making excuses? You are here typing away. Explain your confidence in such a challenge. What is it rooted in? What is your expertise and knowledge in this matter?

JK47

Again, to do what? You have not articulated anything about the test. What are you going to do? Do you even know?
I get it, it's OK to be scared, everyone is at some time in their life.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I get it, it's OK to be scared, everyone is at some time in their life.
I didn't ask for you to tell us how you feel. Clearly you are scared that by answering my questions, your lack of knowledge will make you look bad. Or at least highly illogical.

So let me help you. Before you go and act as a proxy for someone this way, spend a bit of time satisfying yourself that you are not being used. Let him be the only one embarrassed if he is wrong. Don't join him blindly, pun intended. Remember, the odds are hugely against Marv being right.

I suggest you ask Marv to teach you how to recognize those two amps. Then you do the comparison in your home when no one is looking and see if you can pass such a test. I have the outline here in this youtube video on blind testing of audio products:

You will learn a ton in the process and will be able to follow what I and @solderdude are trying to explain to you. Once you have passed the same test, then you can present that fact to us and we will take you more seriously. Right now you are just talking saying nothing useful.

JK47

I didn't ask for you to tell us how you feel. Clearly you are scared that by answering my questions, your lack of knowledge will make you look bad. Or at least highly illogical.

So let me help you. Before you go and act as a proxy for someone this way, spend a bit of time satisfying yourself that you are not being used. Let him be the only one embarrassed if he is wrong. Don't join him blindly, pun intended. Remember, the odds are hugely against Marv being right.

I suggest you ask Marv to teach you how to recognize those two amps. Then you do the comparison in your home when no one is looking and see if you can pass such a test. I have the outline here in this youtube video on blind testing of audio products:

You will learn a ton in the process and will be able to follow what I and @solderdude are trying to explain to you. Once you have passed the same test, then you can present that fact to us and we will take you more seriously. Right now you are just talking saying nothing useful.
Let me help you... DO IT YOURSELF!!! Then do the happy dance if you are right.

JK47

By the way, I didn't realize you look like a man, people usually post a likeness for their avatar.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
By the way, I didn't realize you look like a man, people usually post a likeness for their avatar.
So you thought I was a Japanese woman? No wonder we are having trouble making sense out of what yo are posting here.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
people usually post a likeness for their avatar.

You sure seem to look like yours... going into battle, sword drawn, rampaging ahead :)

16948.jpg

Top Bottom