• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aiyima A07 Max - Aiyima's new TPA3255 amplifier with mono/stereo output

Bruce Morgen

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Can you please explain more on 63v cap requirements? What issues do you expect with 50v?

If my experience is any guide, as long as that 50v cap is from a top-notch maker, it will hold up just fine. I've run two elderly A07s with 50v Nichicons at about 46VDC for going on three years -- usually running over 12 hrs/day --with zero issues of any kind, despite those old A07s having notoriously poor overall thermal management and less-than-optimal component placement.

NTK

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'd like to point out that the TI evaluation board for the TPA3255 chip uses 4700 μF 80 V capacitors.

tpa3255evm.png

bramsat

The old Aiyima A07 got them for ±3jr and i love it....The new A07 MAX sounds cleaner wider and deeper, for me the sound is verry importend and not the watts (32v5a).
The MAX sounds great! the speakers are the wharfedale diamond 10.7...wharfedale evo 4.4 and the klipsch 81mk2 and the dac toppingE50.

OP
Guddu

Guddu

The old Aiyima A07 got them for ±3jr and i love it....The new A07 MAX sounds cleaner wider and deeper, for me the sound is verry importend and not the watts (32v5a).
The MAX sounds great! the speakers are the wharfedale diamond 10.7...wharfedale evo 4.4 and the klipsch 81mk2 and the dac toppingE50.
Totally agree, A07 Max sounds amazing. I probably won't use 48v psu with it, I think its overall design is working well with 36v PSU for me.

robertospeed

Totally agree, A07 Max sounds amazing. I probably won't use 48v psu with it, I think its overall design is working well with 36v PSU for me.
The supplied 36v 6a power supply is more than good, I also have another good 48v 7.3a power supply, the power doesn't change and so I recommend using the original 36v 6a power supply, with 48v 7.3a power supply it just gets hot, as you said and as I said in my video, A07 Max sounds cleaner and more refined than A07 .
my friend the FOSI AUDIO V3 and also Aiyima A07 Max and he says that A07 Max sounds more open and more refined than the FOSI AUDIO V3.

Subjective

I want two mono power amplifiers.
If you run the A07 max in mono mode then the volume potentiometer is still regulating the volume?

Yes, I understand that you need to power on/off with the volume control..

But then do you have to turn it to full volume to get it working as a."normal" (mono) power amplifier..

Maybe there is a solder fix to bridge/bypass the volume if that is the case?

Maybe I missing something here.. Seams strange to messing with the volume control in this scenario.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
we really need these guys to post a manual

but this has the same problem as the V3 as noted by folks there

since they are using a stepped on off vol. ctrl. then in reality you will need to leave it on all the time and just set the vol. ctrl. to roughly the right indicator and hope that its level matched

OR put it on a wifi smart power board and have it come on at your request (this is a pain)

Jeromeof

Forum Donor
we really need these guys to post a manual

but this has the same problem as the V3 as noted by folks there

since they are using a stepped on off vol. ctrl. then in reality you will need to leave it on all the time and just set the vol. ctrl. to roughly the right indicator and hope that its level matched

OR put it on a wifi smart power board and have it come on at your request (this is a pain)
Here is the manual.

I agree subjective this sounds great and I can't wait to see what @amirm might find in his review.

Especially as the 8ohm FR graph they shared looks much flatter than previous TPA3255 amps (including the V3):
i.e. 1/2 DB rise at 20Khz

1697615062092.png

Attachments

• A07 MAX说明书-912-999666.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 132

Subjective

Thanks for the manual Jeromeof.

Do I need to connect both of the RCA inputs when in mono mode as the manual picture shows?

If that is the case I guess it is then a Y splitter from one of my channels. So the same signal is going in left and right RCA input in BLT mono input, is the solution?

And if that the case then that is unclear manual and rise more questions than it answers in my opinion.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231018-095955_Dropbox.png
    Screenshot_20231018-095955_Dropbox.png
    473.3 KB · Views: 77

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
yeah i read the manaul and i'm still at a loss on how to run monoblocks

how the hell can they mess up something which is the sole reason for the existence of this product????

#2 BTL mono mode but do it twice? but it doesnt say why unit gets the "L" and which unit gets the "R"

robertospeed

Maybe in BTL mode it connects like this , but I'm not very sure , I would have to get more information with Aiyima and buy another A07 MAX to do the testing

Attachments

• Collegamento BTL 2.png
    Collegamento BTL 2.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 206

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
roberto has it

this makes sense to me

its not "elegant' to me but its works

both retain individual vol. ctrl.

why didnt Aiyima put that diagram in?

Subjective

Maybe in BTL mode it connects like this , but I'm not very sure , I would have to get more information with Aiyima and buy another A07 MAX to do the testing
That seems wrong to me..
The amplifiers get left channel and right channel as input from the preamplifier.

It will those two different signals that goes to the chip input and those get amplified then on the chip output they bridge tie the load as ONE speaker output!

Seams wrong.. (and then just pass the left and right signal to the other amplifier and do the same wrong thing there. Two wrong make it not a right )

The question is two:
1. Does the switch that put the unit in BTL mode also switch so that one of the RCA inputs is sufficient to use?
2. If not and bothe of the RCA inputs is needed then surely then we need only one of the channels from the preamplifier and use a Y splitter so we feed the internal bothe amplifiers the SAME signal?

Probably easy to test with a Y cable, amplifier and a speaker I guess.

Last edited:

Subjective

I guess it should look something as in this drawing.

The drawing don't use a Y splitter cable on each channel from the "preamplifier, DAC..."

But that is the question if that is needed?

Attachments

• ap-505_p_btl_mode_e.jpg
    ap-505_p_btl_mode_e.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 174

robertospeed

I guess it should look something as in this drawing.

The drawing don't use a Y splitter cable on each channel from the "preamplifier, DAC..."

But that is the question if that is needed?
But in this way though you would have to use the DAC as a preamplifier and raise and lower the volume from the DAC , it is not exactly BTL like this , in the figure I made it would be in BTL and the volume should be raised from only one A07 MAX amplifier , anyway there is to inquire better with Aiyima about this thing , Or maybe Aiyima messed up with this BTL thing I don't know , and I also think that my figure is wrong , because it looks strange to me these connections , it looks like it is only mono and not stereo , that is channel , L and L and not L and R :facepalm:

carpman

I wrote to Aiyima to ask when Amazon UK would be getting the A07 MAX. They replied and then I asked Aiyima if they would mind if I posted their reply on ASR:

Has this been publicly stated by the way? :
"We are modifying the 63V capacitors and will send them to Amazon UK once the batch is produced."

I mean would you be okay if I post this information on the ASR thread?:
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...3255-amplifier-with-mono-stereo-output.48226/

... in their reply they didn't say no or please don't - they just ignored the request. So I took that as permission.

So, I think the capacitor issue may be being addressed.
"We are modifying the 63V capacitors and will send them to Amazon UK once the batch is produced"

Which I take to mean we are switching out the 50V for 63V. I think this is something people should know.

In a later email they stated:
If you feel that 50V capacitor is unsafe, you can wait for the 63V capacitor version of A07 Max to be released.

They hope to have the 63V version on Amazon UK in 1 to 2 months. Personally., I would have been happy with the 50V, as I'm only going to use the 36V power supply but I also want to buy from a UK supplier. So it looks like for people in the UK they don't get a choice and there's going to be a delay for the A07 MAX.

I think Aiyima should have stated this (perhaps they have, and I missed it) or perhaps pulled the version that shipped with the 48V supply. Perhaps they did? (and I've missed that too). I'm not sure.

C.

EDIT: fixed a typo ("so no" to "say no")

Last edited:

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
That's a nice change. Good that they listened!

carpman

I think if I were Aiyima, I would have stopped selling the A07 MAX with the 48V supply and put a note that a new model is being released soon which is more compatible with larger power supplies. That way you're informing the public and dealing with the potential issue at the same time.

AIYIMA_A07_MAX_-_2023-10-18_12.22.49.png

C.

Jason Shep

Re. PBTL mono mode connection.

Post #34 from AIYIMA.
“The right output connect to mono mode A07 max left input, the left output connect to mono mode A07 max left input.
So when A07 max is mono mode, all input are the left input port.”

Last edited:
Top Bottom