• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audio Magic Ultimate Premier Beeswax SHD Fuse

egellings

Major Contributor
It is A benefit it is not the soul benefit nor has it been used for that reason in stereo gear. It is to protect the GEAR..

EX: a vacuum cleaner may or may not have a thermal breaker. A sewing machine, a light fixture, a TV, an electric weed eater,
a sex toy? Unless you added the fuse/breaker how is a fuse going to prevent a fire? The light BULB explodes what good is a
fuse. LOL The breaker in the wall or at the receptacle prevents FIRES.

Have you EVER worked on a job site? They have 100ft 120vac extensions
cable everywhere. Stick fuses are for safety? You must be kidding. Only equipment.

Some job sites require inline breakers.
If you're working refineries, drilling platforms or around flammable or combustible materials, sparkless lighting and all that JAZZ
is kind of a must. Can't even run non tubed fuses in a refinery. They are an ignition source when they blow. Stick fuses are safe.
Sure they are. Old Lucus fuses and a VW, what a nightmare.
It's 'sole', not 'soul' and it's true that the fuse does protect the equipment. In addition to that the fuse can also prevent a fire should the equipment develop a problem where it gets hot enough for something in it to start burning but doesn't draw enough current initially during a fault condition to blow the fuse. I agree that a fire caused by stereo equipment is a very remote possibility. None of the equipment I have owned has ever done so, and I know of no one whose equipment has ever done so as well. Still, that doesn't mean it can't happen.

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Goodness me, I haven't lost my beans old boy:)
I was trying to make a joke - albeit, not a very successful one I admit!

Regards

Poe's law is prevalent on this forum. You wouldn't believe how many people swings by just to lecture the poor idiots at ASR on how audio gear is excluded from the laws of physics. It makes it tragicomically hard to spot even well executed sarcasm :D

Cbdb2

Major Contributor
It's 'sole', not 'soul' and it's true that the fuse does protect the equipment. In addition to that the fuse can also prevent a fire should the equipment develop a problem where it gets hot enough for something in it to start burning but doesn't draw enough current initially during a fault condition to blow the fuse. I agree that a fire caused by stereo equipment is a very remote possibility. None of the equipment I have owned has ever done so, and I know of no one whose equipment has ever done so as well. Still, that doesn't mean it can't happen.
Because they have fuses.

DonR

Major Contributor
Because they have fuses.
I regularly repair electronics and test equipment and have come across my fair share of cooked components that would have likely continued to cook had it not been for a fuse.

Lallygagger

That’s why it was added because they work ,what you don’t understand you ignore .if you have not tried them then you speak out of ignorance. Try them ,they have a trial period Nothing to loose and Everything
To gain !!
I don't know if these fuses work or not but I am pretty sure that the naysayers' trying them will never happen, Dallas.
Most people always prefer to speak from ignorance rather than inform themselves before pontificating. And they ardently protect their beliefs.
In any case, if they tried these products most likely their convictions would be confirmed simply because they are already convinced and they are just as subject to the placebo effect as the people who they accuse of being victims of the placebo effect.
What we believe is true manifests itself as true. The placebo effect works both ways. It is a matter of Quantum.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Quite apart from the rest of the BS you've constructed your first (and currently only) post with:

It is a matter of Quantum.
Say what now?

- I mean, seriously, why bother?
(I guess your selected user name was carefully chosen)

Lallygagger

We know they "work". The only reason why we ignore them, is because the mechanism behind their apparent improvements of sound has an overwhelmingly huge risk of being caused by placebo.

Ignorance... sure. I guarantee you that any person who has a just reasonable amount of knowledge about electronics will tell you that fuses can't do the things you claim they do. I've worked with technicians and engineers who had all kinds of minor superstitions, and I've had plenty of them myself over the years, but I've never ever met an electronics professional who wouldn't laugh a the idea of audiophile fuses. It's downright physically impossible for them to do those things, whereas the placebo effect is notorious for giving the opposite impression.

Every single kind of con man nonsense product on the planet is sold with the same marvelous return policy, for a good reason. It's the con man who has everything to win and nothing to loose. It's the worst possible justification for jumping head first into a scam, but people can't help themselves.
Let's see!
Amplifier manufacturers offer in home trial with money back guarantee if their products don't work for the prospective purchaser.
DAC manufacturers offer in home trial with money back guarantee if their products don't work for the prospective purchaser.
Speaker manufacturers offer in home trial with money back guarantee if their products don't work for the prospective purchaser.
Buchardt Audio non only offers a trial period, but they pay the shipping to the potential customer and back... no matter where that customer lives in the world.
If the sign of a con man is that he offers a "marvelous" return policy then I guess ALL of these manufacturers are con men.

Making a decision about ANYTHING without having had direct experience is sheer speculation ... no matter how many "experts" may pontificate about it. The only experts are the ones who put it to the test.
Can they be wrong? Yes, of course. But they are the only ones who have the right to speak authoritatively.
Anybody else is simply talking off the top of his head.

Last edited:

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
It is a matter of Quantum.

Oh boy... That's never a good sign.

Making a decision about ANYTHING without having had direct experience is sheer speculation ...

A decision based on understanding isn't sheer speculation. Seems most often those with the least understanding are those most likely to trust the best told story. Ignorance can be expensive.

I have a fork that makes all your food taste so much better, I can't even describe how great it is.

I guess you'll need to try one for yourself, as there is no possible way anyone can just dismiss it as ridiculous.

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Most people always prefer to speak from ignorance rather than inform themselves before pontificating.

Absolutely.

Some people inform themselves through natural sciences and psychology.

Others "inform" themselves through hearsay and marketing blurbs.

One of those approaches has a massively higher chance of holding up to scrutiny.

Making a decision about ANYTHING without having had direct experience is sheer speculation ... no matter how many "experts" may pontificate about it.

So if I claim that the athletes, who get performance gains from putting these stickers on their clothes, are simply pushing themselves a bit more, then I'm "ardently protecting my beliefs"?:

I mean, come on... The idea of audiophile fuses is so far out, that it doesn't take much expertise to point out an extreme risk of it being complete nonsense.

If a guy says he can jump 50 feet straight in the air, and my "expert" pontification is that he can't bloody do that, does that make it a speculation?

Lallygagger

Quite apart from the rest of the BS you've constructed your first (and currently only) post with:

Say what now?

- I mean, seriously, why bother?
(I guess your selected user name was carefully chosen)
Do you know the definition of the word prejudice?
Prejudice means believing preconceived notions with insufficient knowledge or lack of experience.
Do you know the definition of the word lallygagger?
Lallygag means to engage in an activity that is a waste time, which, of course, fits any attempt to reason with prejudiced people.

What lallygag doesn't imply is a lack of intelligence but prejudice does indeed imply a lack not only of intelligence but also a of wisdom.

So, yes. In this case my name chosen name, lallygagger, is very appropriate!

My not having posted on this forum before has no relevance to the validity of that which I wrote.
Your using it as an argument against my statement is a sign of a PROBABLE lack of understanding of the laws of logic. (I emphasize the word "probable" because it would be unwise of me to decide anything definitive about you based on only one statement that you made.)

Be that as it may, I am not so much of a lallygagger that I will continue to waste time debating on this thread that which should be OBVIOUS to anyone... that being, if you haven't tried an audio product you know nothing about it.
That is why, in this hobby, the most important suggestion is ALWAYS "trust your own ears."

So, bye bye! I'm out of here. This lallygagger has more fulfilling ways to waste his time... like listening to music emanating from his wonderful stereo.

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Let's see!
Amplifier manufacturers offer in home trial with money back guarantee if their products don't work for the prospective purchaser.
DAC manufacturers offer in home trial with money back guarantee if their products don't work for the prospective purchaser.
Speaker manufacturers offer in home trial with money back guarantee if their products don't work for the prospective purchaser.
Buchardt Audio non only offers a trial period, but they pay the shipping to the potential customer and back... no matter where that customer lives in the world.
If the sign of a con man is that he offers a "marvelous" return policy then I guess ALL of these manufacturers are con men.

Did I say that return policies are reserved for scam products? No.

My whole point is that a return policy is just a service. It tells you nothing about the validity of a product's claimed performance benefits.

For con men, it just happens to have the beneficial side effect of working together with expectation bias to make the statistics look good.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
I am not so much of a lallygagger that I will continue to waste time debating on this thread that which should be OBVIOUS to anyone...

Yes, it really should be obvious but determined ignorance too often gets in the way.

So, bye bye! I'm out of here.

Just a drive-by troll...how boring.

Bob from Florida

Major Contributor
Definitely not promoting the idea that these hi dollar fuses present "value". That being said, it should be easy enough to test different fuse types on amir's test bench. Ceramic, sand filled, and clear glass fuses would be a good start. Low and high values along with fast or slow blow could be tested. This would provide some hard data, which may or may not be meaningful depending on where the fuse is used. A main input power fuse has little chance of making an audible difference. If you doubt this, remember the audio path loop is primarily through the final capacitor in the DC supply. A fuse to protect a speaker tweeter would be a more likely problem for something audible.
Not saying this would stop speculation, beliefs, expectation bias, etc. I am saying some hard data would be nice. I have not searched ASR to find out if this has been done - too lazy.

Last edited:

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That is why, in this hobby, the most important suggestion is ALWAYS "trust your own ears."
No. No, that's actually a very poor approach, in general.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
As opposed to the rest of us... who come in... pontificate... and outstay our welcome. (Ok... ok... no need to shove... I'm leaving...) :facepalm:
You forgot, "and argue endlessly about foregone conclusions". It's just how we roll here.

Top Bottom