• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

Boris Badinov

Master Contributor
The Humorist
AA1fPAeK.jpg

AA1fhqk4.jpg

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I wish it worked this well. In my state, they have been subsidizing any intersections that convert to traffic circles in place of traffic lights or stop signs. So they pay local guys for the cost of construction. Unfortunately, 75% of drivers think at a circle the yield sign means stop. Come to a complete stop. They get mad if someone doesn't and they insist it themselves. Leading to people sitting at 3 of the entrances looking at everyone else wondering when they will stop and then finally go. :facepalm:

They are opening the first multi-lane traffic circle in a heavy traffic intersection in 3 weeks. People are already complaining, and you guessed it the complaints are about having to stop or not and what if you are going to the inside lane etc. etc. I'm tempted to set up video and record the first morning. I figure I can sell the footage to lawyers after the crashes happen.

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I wish it worked this well. In my state, they have been subsidizing any intersections that convert to traffic circles in place of traffic lights or stop signs. So they pay local guys for the cost of construction. Unfortunately, 75% of drivers think at a circle the yield sign means stop. Come to a complete stop. They get mad if someone doesn't and they insist it themselves. Leading to people sitting at 3 of the entrances looking at everyone else wondering when they will stop and then finally go. :facepalm:

They are opening the first multi-lane traffic circle in a heavy traffic intersection in 3 weeks. People are already complaining, and you guessed it the complaints are about having to stop or not and what if you are going to the inside lane etc. etc. I'm tempted to set up video and record the first morning. I figure I can sell the footage to lawyers after the crashes happen.
How weird we got several dozens of them in my little town and they are everywhere and it works very well i prefer these to a red ligth where you can fit them.

But I look forward to the movie’s :)

KellenVancouver

Addicted to Fun and Learning

If you think that's bad...
The geniuses who manage transportation for the City of Portland
intentionally installed stop signs at the round-about intersection for NE Cesar Chavez and Glisan Street. I'm not joking, despite this being the Humor forum. See the street level pic below from Google Maps. I guess they have a really low opinion when it comes to the intelligence of people driving in their city. And to make it better, they installed a bus stop within the round-about. Ach!
1693199375318.png

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
How weird we got several dozens of them in my little town and they are everywhere and it works very well i prefer these to a red ligth where you can fit them.

But I look forward to the movie’s :)

They work better than stop signs and lights once people are used to them...but they aren't very common in the US so few people are used to them.

Some state and local governments here are trying to phase them in but it's usually chaos when they are introduced because no one learns about them in driver's education and we have to rely on hazy memories of European TV in order to navigate them.

Boris Badinov

Master Contributor
The Humorist
They should be made large enough to accommodate larger trucks, as I've seen many in the Carolinas that get destroyed by tractor trailers, not to mention the slow downs when the truck driver tries to figure out what to do

ErVikingo

FB_IMG_16929315794771693181663.jpg

Top Bottom