• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Pro Streamer

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
it is therefore that you do not understand this subject at the least bit perfect seen by a simple measure of sinad... ( we can see clairely less jitter in pro for example)
etc
and in addition, just these 4 measurements point to the limits of this type of observation, which is execiently dependent on the input processing of the device used for the measurement...
with just this link and like this for example..
we approach the subject of "bit perfect" cream pie... and the limits of our observations if no precautions (see language precaution)
example
https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/wiim-mini-streamer.31182/post-1159564

it is the absence, here on asr, of reactions and reflections on these subjects thus pointed out that surprises me..
they are quite central in the practices here of measuring digital sources
Jitter has nothing to do with bit perfect or not bit perfect.

And in those spectrum plots you've shown, nothing in the jitter spectrum is audible. If you think they are a problem, then it is you who is not understanding.

morillon

Major Contributor
that's what I think too...
well the subject
yet this is what we are told all over the place...
and what I am pointing to is also the more than relative aspect of what we use through the measurement processes...
completely biased
the observation via two means of capture by onelyoneme is crystal clear..

(what i just point via the small link of what i observed chromecast wiim, uses a means of capture making the observations even more cruel...)

Last edited:

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
that's what I think too...
well the subject
yet this is what we are told all over the place...
and what I am pointing to is also the more than relative aspect of what we use through the measurement processes...
completely biased
I've no idea what you are saying.

What is biased?

morillon

Major Contributor
take a good look at what onelyoneme realized as an observation...
I can hardly say more...

VintageFlanker

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I guess I don't. @VintageFlanker showed some problems when EQ was enabled but lowering overall volume should eliminate that distortion.
And @onlyoneme showed the exact same thing, but whatever...

you don't get it...
Very few does, I'm afraid. As usual, I have no idea where you are going @morillon. You remain extremely hard the understand. And even when I finally think I got what you said, I'm just like "OK, what was the point?"... I don't blame your English, mine is also poor, but maybe take a little more time before posting, I don't know.

Joffy1780

Addicted to Fun and Learning
you don't get it...
no worries
Are you saying the jitter is being suppressed by the measurement device and therefore could be audible with another DAC?

morillon

Major Contributor
what I point out with the chromcast vs mini is not to speak about jitter.. but to show what allows an approach via a little processed input vs a very processed input of the rme no longer allowing observation..
so the approach and the method is more than questionable
it is a fact
onelyome use deltawave from pkane...
interresting if we speak " bit perfect"

Veri

Master Contributor
what I point out with the chromcast vs mini is not to speak about jitter.. but to show what allows an approach via a little processed input vs a very processed input of the rme no longer allowing observation..
The RME bitperfect check, just checks whatever it is fed, without any of its internal DSP. Or do you mean the output of the RME with all its features is not 'representative' of other devices' inputs....? The comparison is not fair? :p

Joffy1780

end for me..
Instead of just saying we don't get it, why don't you just say explicitly what you think the problem is? I get there is a language barrier, but what exactly do you think is the problem?

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
A good additional test would be RME-ADI2 bitperfect test, which I expect it passes. So basically zero problems really.
Turn on EQ on the WiiM, set flat 0 dB preset and enjoy passed RME bit-perfect test...

VintageFlanker

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
so the approach and the method is more than questionable
it is a fact
acepalm-jean-luc-picard.gif

end for me..
And for me too. Before I say goodbye, just a reminder:
I'll be looking forward to your contributions, if someday there's any. ;)

In some cases, yes.
In very rare cases, with a broken/bad designed DAC, yes. And that one will mess with any SPDIF signal incoming anyway. So what is the point?

morillon

Major Contributor
say otherwise
all measurements made with the rme and its powerful input processing (pride normal of rme)
only shows... the power of this one...
and serve not to observe this famous signal..
useless...

sorry

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
In very rare cases, with a broken/bad designed DAC, yes. And that one will mess with any SPDIF signal incoming anyway. So what is the point?

Point of what? I just say that the jitter which comes from spdif transmission can be eliminated completely by one DAC, just suppressed by another one and barely handled by yet another. It's another story if the result will be audible or not. It's also another story if jitter level will allow for proper clock locking for DACs which must lock to the recovered clock.

Joffy1780

In some cases, yes.
Does this apply to the AP as well, as the mini has been measured by Amir? And if so, doesn't this make any attempt to measure jitter futile?

Top Bottom