• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

poxymoron

Haven't seen it but even the trailer looked unappetizing other than the visuals.
I agree but I thought the trailer looked more like video game cut scene graphics, so much so that I thought for a moment that it wasn't the actual studio trailer but something a fanboy put together.

poxymoron

furngully 2 . not in a single least of a bit interested in paying to seeing digital 4k 3d atmos rubbish at cinema ever again .
now if james cameron had released , the abyss on 4k new scan of 35mm print with theatrical version and theatrical six track Dolby Stereo , i may have considered seeing furngully 2 . but no not interested in seeing anymore of his new movies or bs of endorsing those other rubbish terminator movies .
i guess furngully 2 was shhh hit movie . i saw on imdb 3hrs ? and yet he didn't want the abyss being as long as the special edition released few years later on laserdisc . strange he goes for 3hrs what he think furngully 2 is ? lawrence of arabia ? i guess he thinks its titanic and will win 15 oscars .

Loved the Abyss. One of his best movies and one that has aged very well. The CGI blew me away when I saw it first.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
we bought a bottle of water, shared it and refilled every trip to the bathroom. Sometimes I took longer than needed on those trips to get a break.
I always bring my own drinks and goodies. The theater I go to has a Target just a couple doors down and right inside the front door they have a big display of all the usual "show" candy etc and coolers of pop at the checkout line. No dummies there. LOL
Chef
A walk in the woods
Drive my car (long movie, great storyline)
The courier
Never heard of any of these. :facepalm:

I'll only go to the theater for block buster sci-fi or action flicks.
The rest I can do as well at home with my 5.2.4 system.

OP
B

birdog1960

As a cure for your sore eyes I would recommend:

Chef
A walk in the woods
Drive my car (long movie, great storyline)
The courier
I've seen Chef. The others I haven't. But when you were talking about a cure for sore eyes I thought u meant something like this . Wanted to stream "The luckiest Girl" today but wife saw "rape" in the description and nixed it: "rape is not entertainment". Hard to argue against that

so
70157844-1CA7-45E2-AB49-86980DF452DB_4_5005_c.jpeg

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, I’ve just seen it. I must say I was expecting a bit of a disappointment. That wasn’t the case though: I thoroughly enjoyed it. Yes it’s a bit long, the story is simple, certain aspects could have been shortened considerably. But all in all, I think it works pretty well.

The visuals are absolutely stunning! By far the best CGI of any movie to date. The action sequences were pretty solid as well. There was even a Titanic reenactment in it ;)

The theater was packed, the earlier show as well. I bet this movie will do well. Well enough to make some money? Who knows… it still has a long way to go for that!

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I heard they have filmed 2 more sequels when they did this one. The plan is to release the next two at two year intervals.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I heard they have filmed 2 more sequels when they did this one. The plan is to release the next two at two year intervals.
If you got a good cow, don't forget to milk it. :p

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Star Wars is among the biggest drek ever created. It's not even sci-fi, it's a bad western set in space.
Yet but it's only one of the biggest movies of all times.
I loved them all, almost all at least
I love cowboy movies too. :p

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, and at least for the 1st one that's why I love it.

Yet but it's only one of the biggest movies of all times.
I loved them all, almost all at least
I love cowboy movies too. :p
LOL yes, but that's just because Hollywood generally. It was a step forward for sure at the time. I attended a pre-release screening and was as excited as anyone could be....despite the horrible shooting skills :)

OP
B

birdog1960

Star Wars is among the biggest drek ever created. It's not even sci-fi, it's a bad western set in space.
disagree. it's allegorical with clear religious, historical (fascism/authoritarianism) and sociological (classs/social status) references. Perhaps "hunger games " does the deep stuff better but it's there. Snow piercer is better at it than both but they all, at least, try.

Last edited:

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
disagree. it's allegorical with clear religious, historical (fascism/authoritarianism) and sociological references. Perhaps "hunger games " does the deep stuff better but it's there.
Don't get me started on even worse drek like hunger games....

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
it's allegorical with clear religious, historical (fascism) and sociological references.
LOL, if you say so. For me it was just FUN.
That's why they call it Entertainment. ;)

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Maybe if it were religi-fi, politi-fi ? Remember george did jarjar.

OP
B

birdog1960

Top Bottom