• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

birdog1960

Just dreadful. We left after 2 hours ready to slit our wrists. What a mental masturbation pos. Yes, we need to be nice to each other and the planet. Doesn't take 3 hours to make the point. And don't try to manipulate me, there's enough bad shite in the real world to cry about. That said, 3D was the best I've ever seen. But that's not enough. Hopefully i've left some room for other opinions
sorry for the duplicate post

Andysu

Major Contributor
furngully 2 . not in a single least of a bit interested in paying to seeing digital 4k 3d atmos rubbish at cinema ever again .
now if james cameron had released , the abyss on 4k new scan of 35mm print with theatrical version and theatrical six track Dolby Stereo , i may have considered seeing furngully 2 . but no not interested in seeing anymore of his new movies or bs of endorsing those other rubbish terminator movies .
i guess furngully 2 was shhh hit movie . i saw on imdb 3hrs ? and yet he didn't want the abyss being as long as the special edition released few years later on laserdisc . strange he goes for 3hrs what he think furngully 2 is ? lawrence of arabia ? i guess he thinks its titanic and will win 15 oscars .

Last edited:

Andysu

Major Contributor
Haven't seen it but even the trailer looked unappetizing other than the visuals.
but would you give it headless panther ?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Just dreadful. We left after 2 hours ready to slit our wrists. What a mental masturbation pos. Yes, we need to be nice to each other and the planet. Doesn't take 3 hours to make the point. And don't try to manipulate me, there's enough bad shite in the real world to cry about. That said, 3D was the best I've ever seen. But that's not enough. Hopefully i've left some room for other opinions
sorry for the duplicate post
OH NO, not another Holly-weird preach-a-thon. :( That's a bummer but that's all I expected.
That said I'll still probably go see it at the IMAX to experience what todays best movie tech has to offer.
I just hope it doesn't disappoint on that front too, so far I've read it was pretty impressive ???

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Have plans to see 3D Imax Sunday. So not welcome news.

valerianf

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I though that 3D was dead (again)!
I will wait for streaming and watch it by intermittence during 2 days.
When the first Avatar was launched the theaters had to upgrade their equipments for the 3D.
Nowadays, there is nothing to upgrade in top theaters as the Chinese theater on Hollywood.
The only point that can make people going back to the theater is a top picture quality plus sound plus storytelling.
Is Avatar2 a top storytelling?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I though that 3D was dead (again)!
As far as a home medium it is.
AFAIK there aren't any 3D capable TV's being made any more and I believe the same is true for new BluRay releases.
It still seems to work as a theater draw with non-active glasses that always work.
Is Avatar2 a top storytelling?
Depends on your view of storytelling.
They try like hell to shove some PC nonsense down our throat all the time.
Crap I can mostly do without and I don't agree with in many cases.
In any case it's MHO that storytelling in some chick-flick or high-art manner isn't too important in movies like this.
When the first StarWars hit the theaters did people walk out yapping bout a great "story"?
NO, they talked for weeks, years even. about the bar screen, the aliens, how realistic they looked. Also the spaceships, Lukes "speeder" , , the laser saber, and all the rest of it's sci fi vision of the future.
A big part of why I disagreed with some here on Andor, they went on and on about the "story" when I could see very little in it StarWars and little SciFi.

OP
B

birdog1960

OH NO, not another Holly-weird preach-a-thon. :( That's a bummer but that's all I expected.
That said I'll still probably go see it at the IMAX to experience what todays best movie tech has to offer.
I just hope it doesn't disappoint on that front too, so far I've read it was pretty impressive ???
technical aspect is amazing. my fav 3 d movie on tech criteria was Hugo which was a far better movie overall but no where near as effective in 3D. Seeing this at an Imax should be quite an experience but don't be surprised if you leave before the end due to eye fatigue and face soreness due to cringing. Go to a matinee and plan a nice lunch out about 2 hours later. Then it will still be a decent date with your lady.

Last edited:
OP
B

birdog1960

As far as a home medium it is.
AFAIK there aren't any 3D capable TV's being made any more and I believe the same is true for new BluRay releases.
It still seems to work as a theater draw with non-active glasses that always work.

Depends on your view of storytelling.
They try like hell to shove some PC nonsense down our throat all the time.
Crap I can mostly do without and I don't agree with in many cases.
In any case it's MHO that storytelling in some chick-flick or high-art manner isn't too important in movies like this.
When the first StarWars hit the theaters did people walk out yapping bout a great "story"?
NO, they talked for weeks, years even. about the bar screen, the aliens, how realistic they looked. Also the spaceships, Lukes "speeder" , , the laser saber, and all the rest of it's sci fi vision of the future.
A big part of why I disagreed with some here on Andor, they went on and on about the "story" when I could see very little in it StarWars and little SciFi.
Star Wars is a classic morality tale done well. Apples to rotten bananas...

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Star Wars is a classic morality tale done well.
I never quite saw it that way.
Most every story has the good and bad guys, I find most all the Star Wars StarTrek movies as simply a venue to
show off the best of the current technology. A showcase for CGI, sound tech, and all the rest. I love being
immersed in the story that way and not really looking for some classic novel writing. SciFi first needs to be fun for me.

OP
B

birdog1960

I never quite saw it that way.
Most every story has the good and bad guys, I find most all the Star Wars StarTrek movies as simply a venue to
show off the best of the current technology. A showcase for CGI, sound tech, and all the rest. I love being
immersed in the story that way and not really looking for some classic novel writing. SciFi first needs to be fun for me.
you will definitely be immersed in Avatar 2. but immersion in lukewarm water for too long isn't my thing. I'm sure others will love it.

Andysu

Major Contributor
3hrs 12mins will be sellout for overpriced cinema drinks just to spend 3hrs 12mins peeing after spending $25dollars just for the privilege to peeing water while missing all the on screen watery action

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I'm sure some could just as easily stayed home and saved the money.
They knew they were gonna bash the hell out of it anyway.

DonR

Major Contributor
3hrs 12mins will be sellout for overpriced cinema drinks just to spend 3hrs 12mins peeing after spending $25dollars just for the privilege to peeing water while missing all the on screen watery action
I can see a new twist for the college "Bust Your Bladder" competitions. Have you taken the Avatar: The Way of Water/Pepsi Max Challenge?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
OH LOOK,
A SUPER DEAL Don't miss out! LOL
bd6eea1f20ee426940499d7d4a4b2203.jpg

OP
B

birdog1960

we bought a bottle of water, shared it and refilled every trip to the bathroom. Sometimes I took longer than needed on those trips to get a break.

Top Bottom