• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

Boris Badinov

Master Contributor
The Humorist
8b5a3e4178224082c1ba4de65cff4771071fc24b1548f58a521d16687e58a460.jpg

Bleib

Major Contributor
AUhAyUR.jpg

3BK5xmL.jpg

4T3UjmU.jpg

FUnzbbD.jpg

ZBDt7eC.jpg

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Re:
3BK5xmL.jpg

In late 2012, I had the honor of attending a daylong symposium in memory of one of my teachers and mentors, Prof. Saul Roseman. Besides his own contributions to his (and my) discipline, his laboratory turned out a who's who of scientists for three or more decades, including the co-founder of New England BioLabs (the late Don Comb).
One of Roseman's proteges was the late Prof. Bill Jourdian. Bill gave a short talk at the gathering in the rather large lecture hall in the Biology Dept at my alma mater. Lacking a laser pointer or other suitable means of gesticulating at the rather large projection screen, he improvised. :)

DSC_2007.jpg

(in case it's not obvious from my photo, he's using his rather large walking stick)

I owe my well-honed skepticism mostly to Prof. Roseman, who was hell-bent on making sure that every graduate student that passed through the department on his watch would understand quite well that we may be smart... but we're not ever as smart as we think we are.

It takes a certain amount of humility, and an extremely open mind, to study Nature... and especially the biology of carbohydrates.

Top Bottom