• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Your latest cool purchase

Mr. Widget

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
On order, but won't see it for another month or two.
As I've gotten older I need a bit of help to for the climb back home so I ordered this one late last summer and it arrived in the fall. I love it even if the battery and motor makes it a bit heavy and the longer wheelbase is a bit relaxed. On descents and on the flats I keep the motor off, but boy does it help with the climbs.
Trek.jpg

Graham849

Forum Donor
SS5 Studio Monitor Isolation Pads, definite loss of boomy sound so I'm happy

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No turbo on mine.
Given its paucity of power, I am not sure it actually has any piston rings. ;)
Doesn't burn oil, though.
Interestingly, turned up 50k miles this week -- in a bit less than 5-1/2 years of ownership (2019 bought new in Dec. 2018).
Blandest car I've ever owned, even with a 6-speed manual transmission.
The much-ballyhooed AWD performance is underwhelming, too. When we want a no-drama drive in bad weather, we take Mrs. H's CR-V. Much better in the snow than the Crosstrek.
I did, last year, move to Michelin CrossClimate II tires, which are, at least, not frightening when driving in slushy conditions.

I have been really disappointed by this car.

I don't like mine, either.

Sokel

Master Contributor
I have exactly the opposite response to the rough & tumble idle of my Crosstrek (FWIW). It kind of reminds me of the famous/infamous Beetle engine's sound, but not really. To me, the Soobie just sounds rough. :oops:
YMMV, though, of course.

Unfortunately, owing a Subaru has done nothing but make me wonder why I ever bought one - and I bought it with aforethought, too! :(:facepalm:
Best sounding car,EVER ,Mercedes 300SL Gullwing .
Hearing it from outside AND inside :facepalm:

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Omega Renaissance 1894 5950.39.03

That's very nice indeed, its going to need a pretty special strap to do it justice though.

OP
Ilkless

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That's very nice indeed, its going to need a pretty special strap to do it justice though.

This was a used set I bought with the original croc strap and buckle. Unfortunately customs seized the strap. No worry though, lots of guys that make beautiful straps using top-grade leathers in my region. CITES needs to find a solution for used watches...

Martini

Forum Donor
As I've gotten older I need a bit of help to for the climb back home so I ordered this one late last summer and it arrived in the fall. I love it even if the battery and motor makes it a bit heavy and the longer wheelbase is a bit relaxed. On descents and on the flats I keep the motor off, but boy does it help with the climbs.
View attachment 360179
Very cool. It really amazes me how they fit the electric motor in that frame. The rental electric bikes around our city look almost like the Honda mopeds from the 80s :)

Mine might be the same color. I originally put the order in for viper red, but then asked to switch it to the metallic smoke red/carbon. Not sure, if he got that change in, so guess I'll get surprised.

Mr. Widget

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yep, I ordered mine in Viper Red.

Even with all the rainy days we've had I have managed to put about 800 miles on it. Every day I hop on it is such a pleasure.
Trek does know how to make an excellent bike. Regarding the motor and controls, I am amazed at how well they integrated the tech.

Mikig

a beautiful new Swedish TV cabinet to assemble….I would like a laserTV or better a UST projector, so I had to change the configuration. Clearly I have spent the last few days being a "carpenter"!! Anyway, excellent result!

Somafunk

Major Contributor
^ Dead body disposal service?

Brian Hall

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I bought a new Hiby R6 gen3 dap this week, I think it’s pretty cool even if the class A or Class AB differences are so minute (if any) I can’t tell them apart, apart from battery life as Class A drains the battery twice as fast as Class AB, and it has 6 Dac filter options to play with, again I can’t tell any differences between them, I’m not really selling it here am I? ;), but it has multiple sound options to play with courtesy of the Mseb eq alongwith full peq options so I’m quite chuffed with it.

53584452405_9b5baeab1c_c.jpg

I received mine today. So far I'm pretty impressed, but like you said there doesn't seem to be much difference between using the class A amp mode vs. A/B mode.

It has no problem driving an HD 800 S using class A/B amp mode and high gain. It seems to be pretty great so far. I still need to find a shorter cable for the HD 800 S.

The only issue I've had was the initial software update failing. Did a factory reset and then everything worked.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
I received mine today. So far I'm pretty impressed, but like you said there doesn't seem to be much difference between using the class A amp mode vs. A/B mode.

It has no problem driving an HD 800 S using class A/B amp mode and high gain. It seems to be pretty great so far. I still need to find a shorter cable for the HD 800 S.

The only issue I've had was the initial software update failing. Did a factory reset and then everything worked.

I’m currently sat here with mine playing away through my Sony XBA-N3 iem’s, also got my Symphonium Meteor iem’s and Kiwi Ears/Crinacle Singolo, been swapping them out all night and going over tracks.

After trying a number of tips I’ve settled on Divinus Velvet tips for my Meteor and Singolo and Dunu S & S tips for the XBA-N3, unfortunately the 7hz Zero 2 is sitting in the drawer as it can’t complete with the Meteor and XBA, and neither can the Singolo if I’m honest, even playing around with peq/mseb or the audio plugins it still doesn’t sound right compared to the other two.

I didn’t consider that I’d use it quite as much as I have, it’s handy to have iem’s permanently plugged into a device for use whilst sitting at night and coming from iPhone I thought I’d dislike my first experience of android but it’s good, even decent, easy to use for a first time and i appreciate the system wide peq.

My only gripe is I bought it 3 weeks before the big Chinese holiday sales, I could have saved £80 if I knew of such a thing :facepalm:

Brian Hall

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
After trying a number of tips I’ve settled on Divinus Velvet tips for my Meteor and Singolo and Dunu S & S tips for the XBA-N3, unfortunately the 7hz Zero 2 is sitting in the drawer as it can’t complete with the Meteor and XBA, and neither can the Singolo if I’m honest, even playing around with peq/mseb or the audio plugins it still doesn’t sound right compared to the other two.

I have the Zero 2 plugged in now listening to Rammstein's Sensucht album playing around with the MSEB settings now. Downloaded a couple of preset samples to try also. The Sennheiser IE200 sounds great too. Still need to try the Galaxy Buds 2 Pro and the Sennheiser Moment 4 with it.

I didn’t consider that I’d use it quite as much as I have, it’s handy to have iem’s permanently plugged into a device for use whilst sitting at night and coming from iPhone I thought I’d dislike my first experience of android but it’s good, even decent, easy to use for a first time and i appreciate the system wide peq.

I've been on Android phones since the iPhone 4. I think Android is better and much easier to make work the way I want.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The Sennheiser IE200 sounds great too. Still need to try the Galaxy Buds 2 Pro and the Sennheiser Moment 4 with it.
Please review the Galaxy Buds 2 Pro compared to the others later after you get familiarized. :D

TimF

Forum Donor
Oh god, save me from myself. I saw an ad on local craigslist for an Esoteric Ko7Xs SACD/CD player and I want it. It won't play or sound any better than the DAC's, computer driven or CD transport driven equipment I have but I want it. Is there a priest I can go to that can drive out my old weaknesses and compulsions. One of you must do exorcisms. It is big and clunky and heavy and that is why I want it and also why it is stupid.

Top Bottom