• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Your latest cool purchase

Somafunk

Major Contributor
I needed somewhere other than my desktop to store the pills I need to take daily for my SPMS as its quite easy to lose track of what's been taken/what needs to be taken etc so hunted around (amazon unfortunately) and found this small desk tidy/drawer thingy so thought, "That'll do", it arrived earlier today and whilst it won't win awards for the beauty of it's wood grain or the exquisite dovetail joints I'm rather chuffed with it as it fills a purpose.

Got my daily dose of pills lined up, Gabapentin 400mg tablets - 9 a day so 3600mg to reduce the abnormal nerve reaction in my brain. Nitrofurantoin 50mg capsules - one twice daily to reduce possibility of bladder infections. Paracetamol 500mg - 2 tablets thrice daily. Tizanidine 4mg tablets - 2 thrice daily for relief of muscle spasms, cramps. Sativex oromucusal (under the tongue) THC/CBD spray, - 2.5mg of thc/cbd in each spray and I usually take as needed but prob a total of 18 sprays/day....sometimes If my body is wound up like an elastic band I just go for it with this and it works wonders, still not as good as decent weed though.

20 years ago as a late 20 something I was winning multi day stage mtb races and working as a mtb coach/mountain guide, so appreciate what you have just now as you sit there as it can all change very quickly for the worse.

Also has a very handy drawer to store strips of tablets and my AirPods Pro's. Up top is a watch stand that I think I'll modify to take my apple watch charger and it also has a place for iPhone or Dap with built in secured cable management for your cable of choice.

Quite impressed with it. :)

53592694072_221ca49164_h.jpg

53592694097_364cb92904_h.jpg

Last edited:

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
all change very quickly for the worse
Or maybe for the better, chin up and good luck. I like the box with wooden slides. As an amateur woodworker and carpenter I recently got an nice (cool) set of chisels from Sheffield on your side of the world. I plan to teach myself basic wood carving and maybe, just maybe, something like this. I've always used a jig and router.
1710702168762.jpeg

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Something with that level of craftsmanship would be very nice, I’ve often disappeared down a YouTube hole of watching Japanese craftsmen building stuff, very therapeutic as their attention to detail after years of training is a joy to watch

Ze Frog

Addicted to Fun and Learning
This absolute rare gem.

Attachments

• a231961e483d89f1a5018779b0a3.jpeg
    a231961e483d89f1a5018779b0a3.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 58

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Something with that level of craftsmanship would be very nice, I’ve often disappeared down a YouTube hole of watching Japanese craftsmen building stuff, very therapeutic as their attention to detail after years of training is a joy to watch
Yes I to followed Japanese wood working and built several Shoji screens but with power tools. I'm trying to reverse engineer myself to more hand operations in these later years.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Our son has gotten big into the whole woodworking thing since the lockdown. :) Mostly power tools, but he's definitely got a predilection for fine hand tools (chisels, planes, and suchlike).
He's also a big fan of the following -- which, for those of congruent interests, might definitely be destination shopping for cool things.

He (and by extension, I) have also become customers of the following, who offer some pretty cool things along these lines as well.

https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca
(although a much broader and more heterogeneous array of stuff)
https://www.harveywoodworking.com/
(albeit tools of the Tim "The Toolman" Taylor more power! kind ;) )

to wit:
https://www.makerscabinet.com/products/iris
Iris gives you the freedom to draw circles effortlessly. Enjoy drawing single, concentric, or even shaded circles with its unique moving aperture. The walnut centring [ sic ] tool allows you to position your circle to a given point or can be used as a stand to display your Iris.

1710704317569.png

:cool:

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Our son has gotten big into the whole woodworking thing since the lockdown. :) Mostly power tools, but he's definitely got a predilection for fine hand tools (chisels, planes, and suchlike).
He's also a big fan of the following -- which, for those of congruent interests, might definitely be destination shopping for cool things.

He (and by extension, I) have also become customers of the following, who offer some pretty cool things along these lines as well.

https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca
(although a much broader and more heterogeneous array of stuff)
https://www.harveywoodworking.com/
(albeit tools of the Tim "The Toolman" Taylor more power! kind ;) )

to wit:
https://www.makerscabinet.com/products/iris

View attachment 357140
:cool:
Like X4

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Symphonium Meteor IEM’s crap pic but I was desperate to get them into my ears, 5 hrs later I’m still listening :). Very impressive sound and perfect for electronic music, nice bass - using Dunu S&S tips.

53613534292_871fbeb891_b.jpg

Somafunk

Major Contributor
A 2004 STI?, very nice indeed. Is it standard?

elvisizer

A 2004 STI?, very nice indeed. Is it standard?
nearly! has some tokico D3 struts and cobb sway bars, but other than that the suspension is stock. for power mods it has a cobb OTS tune (will be getting a pro tune from JM in minneapolis this summer), cobb intake, turbo heatshield, and turboXS exhaust.
so really, in the STI world . . . basically stock.
only changes I have planned are a real tune!

Somafunk

Major Contributor
nearly! has some tokico D3 struts and cobb sway bars, but other than that the suspension is stock. for power mods it has a cobb OTS tune (will be getting a pro tune from JM in minneapolis this summer), cobb intake, turbo heatshield, and turboXS exhaust.

Very nice indeed, hope you enjoy many years of ownership, a genuine appreciating classic

monkeyboy

a bit of a brainteaser at first, but now I like using layers...I think I would prefer MX type keys though

1-5-800x800.jpg

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I love how those Subaru make the chugging sound with the cylinder firing order... It sounds very different and unique.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
I love how those Subaru make the chugging sound with the cylinder firing order... It sounds very different and unique.
I have exactly the opposite response to the rough & tumble idle of my Crosstrek (FWIW). It kind of reminds me of the famous/infamous Beetle engine's sound, but not really. To me, the Soobie just sounds rough. :oops:
YMMV, though, of course.

Unfortunately, owing a Subaru has done nothing but make me wonder why I ever bought one - and I bought it with aforethought, too! :(:facepalm:

Top Bottom