• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Your Desktop Audio Setup?

anotherhobby

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Finally settled with this minimalist setup …
iPad Pro + Apple dongle + iLoud micro on mic stands.

I used to have some more “serious” setup: Desktop PC + Meier Audio Soul DAC & DSP + Neumann KH120A.
But now just enjoying music itself with this simple and easy setup. I am satisfied. :cool:

View attachment 261328
I see you are enjoying your speakers with a Peanuts mug. The obvious move from here is to send some Vince Guaraldi through those speakers. :)

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My trusty office setup for quite a few years... Win10 Lenovo (24/96) - generic USB cable-> Arcam rPAC -> Shure SRH1540. Not latest state of art but sounds very competent. :)

office setup pl.jpg

Last edited:

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My trusty office setup for quite a few years... Win10 Lenovo (24/96) - generic USB cable-> Arcam rPAC -> Shure SRH1540. Not latest state of art but sounds very competent. :)

It's quite coincidental - as I posted that picture today, I had no idea how my Corporate America day would turn out. I am here now, over 10 hours later (and I had taken that pic over 4 hours into my workday!) and *just*, *finally* finished my bla-bla stuff as an urgent response to bla-bla and etc. :)

The *key* here is that here I sit so many hours later typing this with a smile on my face, because I *enjoyed* my day. I attribute some of it to my more mellow nature in my more mature professional days, but also a lot to my ability to listen to Karajan's Adagio 1 and 2 in loop mode all day at... the absolutely sublime way we're able to listen to it these days, even though as humble and simple a combo equipment as pictured above...!

PS: Without that, I would have ripped off several heads... :)

CDMC

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Looks like I haven't posted mine.

8545963D-8EAD-474C-97D2-07F3C69190DC.jpeg

computer-audiophile

Major Contributor
@computer-audiophile - what chair is that & how do you like it?
Vitra Aluminium Chair

It's not the version with the chrome finish. In my opinion, the natural aluminium version is more of a classic.

I have been using it almost daily in my study for 30 years. It has proven to be very robust.

EDIT (Addendum):

The Aluminium Chair is one of the great furniture designs of the twentieth century. Charles and Ray Eames conceived and developed this chair in 1958 for the private residence of an art collector in Columbus, Indiana (USA). For its construction, the designer couple departed from the principle of the seat shell, instead stretching a panel of fabric or leather between two aluminium side members to create a taut but elastic seat. The chair adapts to the body of the sitter and is exceedingly comfortable, even without elaborate upholstery.

Last edited:

Hatto

Schiit Stack (Modi+ >>> Loki+ >>> Magni+ Heretic >>> Rekkr) powering Totem Audio Kin Mini stereo with Mini Sub under the desk alongside with AKG K601 Pro if in case I need headphones. I also have a Wiim Mini as the secondary source (WiFi streaming and bluetooth) tucked nicely in the base of the headphone stand.

20230310_124458.jpg

monx

View attachment 192269

Home Office

Focal Utopia Diablo Evo
Levinson 335
Levinson 38
Levinson 30.6
Clearaudio Concept + IFI Zen Phono
Velodyne MiniVee

Hidden under the desk are a Mac Mini M1 + Topping D10 (USB -> toslink -> 30.6)

K&H heated pad for the cat. :)

I'm convinced that this is the way to do it (adding extra distance to the desktop speaker), but it's not often possible.

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
my desktop setup is extremely compact. no way i can or want bigger speakers there. it is most likely because of that i regulalry look for alternatives for my Audioengine A2 but never find one, and honestly they sound amazing at the levels I play them and how close they are to me.

The liliputian stage in front of me is so well-placed, and very close up -as I use them- I really dont get to miss more bass.

But of course when I want to get more immersive, headphones come into duty.

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
View attachment 192269

Home Office

Focal Utopia Diablo Evo
Levinson 335
Levinson 38
Levinson 30.6
Clearaudio Concept + IFI Zen Phono
Velodyne MiniVee

Hidden under the desk are a Mac Mini M1 + Topping D10 (USB -> toslink -> 30.6)

K&H heated pad for the cat. :)

Nice paint job.

Palladium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
PC, iLoud Micros (-3dB LF) and DX3 Pro+
Never found anything sound better at <1m and sane SPLs ...Yet.

Top Bottom