• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Working through OCA videos to create DSP filters

LIΟN

I thought I attached to to the first post, but I guess I need a zip file, let me try again. Hopefully it's attached here.
Thanks! I'll take a look with a grateful heart..
Btw, Is the polarity of your LSR310s inverted? It depends on the location of the subwoofer, but I think it's a good idea to compare it by clicking the inver button on the back.

OP
M
Thanks! I'll take a look with a grateful heart..
Btw, Is the polarity of your LSR310s inverted? It depends on the location of the subwoofer, but I think it's a good idea to compare it by clicking the inver button on the back.
It's on the 180deg setting at the moment.

OCA

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
My filter with the 98Hz correction pre-rings a little on Billie Jean. The one you shared adds a couple extra notes between each kick drum lol
It's possible to eliminate the pre-echo completely by chopping of the left windowing of that filter but the effect will also change.

LIΟN

It's on the 180deg setting at the moment.
Are you using your own crossover 80hz by connecting speakers to 310s?
Can I see the measurement by pressing the 180 degree button again? Of course, it depends on the position of the subwoofer, but I think the answer would be good if the polarity was reversed.

OP
M
Are you using your own crossover 80hz by connecting speakers to 310s?
Can I see the measurement by pressing the 180 degree button again? Of course, it depends on the position of the subwoofer, but I think the answer would be good if the polarity was reversed.
I am using DAC->310s->306p (using sub's built-in 80Hz crossover). I will try to take measurements with 0deg polarity setting (measurement file I shared is with 180deg setting).

OCA

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
It's possible to eliminate the pre-echo completely by chopping of the left windowing of that filter but the effect will also change.
When window length is dropped down to 30-35ms, all audible pre-echo is removed:

Echo.gif

But it turns into a compromise between frequency response and phase response depending on the optimization strength. Still, phase will often end up much better than the original with an almost flat FR.

1697819607977.png

Top Bottom