• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wireless Bluetooth headphones Harman tuned

KehaDNb

hi, I recently had a deva pro and came into the experience of feeling of having not enough bass as these are normal tuned. I’m having finally decided for myself to lean more twowards the Harman target . It’s just an experience I never had in my headphone career so far. I’m glad to had such an experience. So in this regard I’m in search of an new wireless headphone which will suite my needs. Thanks for all suggestion’s greatly appreciate all input.

Dazerdoreal

I recommend you just to use an Equalizer. I also own a Deva Pro. Planars have potential for amazing deep bass as they do hardly suffer from distortion. You would be surprise how great their bass can be if you use EQ. I added over 10db and the driver can handle it easily. :)

OP
K

KehaDNb

I recommend you just to use an Equalizer. I also own a Deva Pro. Planars have potential for amazing deep bass as they do hardly suffer from distortion. You would be surprise how great their bass can be if you use EQ. I added over 10db and the driver can handle it easily. :)
I don’t wanna do that

Dazerdoreal

But why?

Anyway, to answer your question:
AKG 700 NC M2

These are rather close to the harman target and also not too expensive.

OP
K

KehaDNb

But why?

Anyway, to answer your question:
AKG 700 NC M2

These are rather close to the harman target and also not too expensive.
Decided on the Grado gw100x

GaryH

Major Contributor
Preferable open back
That's a pretty small niche. There's the HiFiMan Deva (Pro), or Ananda-BT, but the latter are expensive, and none are particularly Harman tuned (lack bass, with upper midrange / lower treble dip):

You might want to consider getting the Qudelix 5K instead, and using that with any open-back headphone of choice for a semi-wireless solution, plus it has a fully parametric equalizer so you can accurately EQ to the Harman target with Oratory's EQ profiles.

OP
K

KehaDNb

That's a pretty small niche. There's the HiFiMan Deva (Pro), or Ananda-BT, but the latter are expensive, and none are particularly Harman tuned (lack bass, with upper midrange / lower treble dip):

You might want to consider getting the Qudelix 5K instead, and using that with any open-back headphone of choice for a semi-wireless solution, plus it has a fully parametric equalizer so you can accurately EQ to the Harman target with Oratory's EQ profiles.
Ok and for closed back what are good option’s??

MayaTlab

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Ok and for closed back what are good option’s??

Difficult to say if you really want to experience what the Harman target sounds like.

Most of Harman's own passive closed back headphones are sensitive to coupling issues (fr varies across individuals because of variation in anatomy and a design intrinsically sensitive to these variations) and possibly sample variation as well for some of them at least. For me the 710BT comes closest to delivering the target on my own head but that's only in part because I can deliberately position them in a way that seals reasonably well on a somewhat consistent basis, and perhaps because I've been lucky in terms of sample variation.

the N700NCM2 recommended above, when used in passive mode, will use the ANC feedback mechanism to reduce variation at lower frequencies, but not above, and for me isn't coming any closer to delivering the Harman target than some other closed back over-ears. I quite like it but it doesn't sound exactly like the Harman target to me and can be quite shouty and fatiguing. You experience may vary.

If you want the guarantee to come the closest possible to experiencing what the Harman target sounds like using EQ presets derived from measuring another sample, you'll need a pair of reasonably large, coupling insensitive fully open headphones with low sample variation. I am not certain which one would most fit the bill if I'm honest, but you can already try to EQ your Deva Pro.

Top Bottom