• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Pro Streamer

Hernandezt

Looks like the latest firmware update has changed that so that the LED dims. Have you updated to the latest firmware?
Thank you for your reply! I have just installed the app on my address today, eventually may I ask you where to check and or download the latest firmware?

Joffy1780

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Thank you for your reply! I have just installed the app on my address today, eventually may I ask you where to check and or download the latest firmware?
Click on the little cog on the device screen (pic.1) then choose 'Speaker info' then firmware version should match pic. 2.
I think the firmware is downloaded automatically, may be dependent your app update settings for Android/iOS.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-02-14-16-50-13-83_5592fe85c89b9c7526dd9939eef9599a.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-02-14-16-50-13-83_5592fe85c89b9c7526dd9939eef9599a.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot_2023-02-14-16-50-52-05_5592fe85c89b9c7526dd9939eef9599a.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-02-14-16-50-52-05_5592fe85c89b9c7526dd9939eef9599a.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 77

Hernandezt

Thanks a lot Joffy, I have probably not the last firmware, I got the following 4.8.504937, I will wait so for new release, thanks again

Hernandezt

Unless your DAC has a "trigger in" port, Pro could use it to control your DAC.
I just noticed that if I start stream the DAC turn on automatically, just guessing why when I stop stream even after some minutes the DAC is still ON, it is for that that I am not sure if the wiim pro goes really in stand by.

A part of that I am super happy, that wiim pro it is a tremendous upgrade for me, I was streaming directly from the android via usb to the topping, I didn't imagine a so enormous difference.

Thank you for your help :)

Joffy1780

Thanks a lot Joffy, I have probably not the last firmware, I got the following 4.8.504937, I will wait so for new release, thanks again
No problem.

Joffy1780

I just noticed that if I start stream the DAC turn on automatically, just guessing why when I stop stream even after some minutes the DAC is still ON, it is for that that I am not sure if the wiim pro goes really in stand by.

A part of that I am super happy, that wiim pro it is a tremendous upgrade for me, I was streaming directly from the android via usb to the topping, I didn't imagine a so enormous difference.

Thank you for your help :)
Does the DX3 pro + turn off automatically with other sources? I didn't think it had that function.

Hernandezt

Does the DX3 pro + turn off automatically with other sources? I didn't think it had that function.
Yes with USB to android it was enough that I unplug the cable and then after few minutes according the dac settings with no signal it turned off

Hernandezt

Yes exactly that was exactly that way using the usb, by the way currently I am using the coaxial not the toslink, and unfortunately I confirm that I stop streaming close the app, but the dac is on all the time

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Yes exactly that was exactly that way using the usb, by the way currently I am using the coaxial not the toslink, and unfortunately I confirm that I stop streaming close the app, but the dac is on all the time
Can you verify if it's working as expected when toslink is used instead?

Hernandezt

Can you verify if it's working as expected when toslink is used instead?
You got it :)

I've just tried with the toslink included in the box and everything is working as expected, I stop streaming close the application and after a minute the topping switch off automatically, as it was when I was using just the USB.
Incredible... do you believe the wiim developers could fix that in a future release?

Thanks a lot for your help.. just for the completion of the information, the coaxial I am using is a mogami 2497 with an amphenol connector rca

Last edited:

Hernandezt

The difference of sound between the coaxial mogami and the optical cable is pretty much audible..(same app settings 192 kHz and 24 bit) I believe I will stay with the coaxial, and turn off manually the dac, and hopefully the wiim pro is really in stand by, or I can unplug from the AC power the wiim

Last edited:

neunoir

Question. Does the wiim pro have the option to limit the min and max output volume?
I ordered one as a potential replacement for my Bluesound Node (having them side by side now) With my Bluesound Node I can limit the min and max volume. This is a relevant feature for me as I plug the streamer directly into active Neumanns and atm the min volume on the wiim is too high for me.

Overseas

Major Contributor
Regarding the coax input, as this is embedded in the device and not straight outward (as in cd players), I have a rather thick end coax cable that barely gets into the Pro, but the connection works.

Joffy1780

Question. Does the wiim pro have the option to limit the min and max output volume?
I ordered one as a potential replacement for my Bluesound Node (having them side by side now) With my Bluesound Node I can limit the min and max volume. This is a relevant feature for me as I plug the streamer directly into active Neumanns and atm the min volume on the wiim is too high for me.
You can change the line level output settings to 2 Vrms, 1 Vrms, 800 mVrms or 500 mVrms. This allows the volume to be lowered with the Wiim app or it can be fixed.
Not sure if this differs from the mini.

alto

I got my WiiM Pro from amazon.de last week and couldn't be happier. I set it up on wifi and have ran Spotify Connect and UPnP through it, the latter using the Symfonium app on Android.

This is an excellent setup as I host a Navidrome music server on my LAN which exposes a subsonic API, which is what Symfonium uses, meaning that I can stream my local music with a nice app, I promptly uninstalled BubbleUPnP.

Joffy1780

No, it is absolutely not. Neither audible, nor measurable.

I'm actually measuring both outputs to be equally transparent.
Will you be posting measurements here, or creating a new thread?

Top Bottom