• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wiim Pro Plus with Apple TV for PEQ GEQ purposes

Ogoript

Forum Donor
I'm looking for some thoughts/guidance. I'm using Apple TV 4K into HDMI ARC on LG Oled TV then from TV (passthrough) to KEF LS50 Wireless II via HDMI.

I would like to add PEQ or GEQ to help with issues in the 1k-3khz range and some basic room issues. I actually want to EQ for Tv sound as well as music.

Question: Would it be possible to add the Wiim between the TV and the LS 50 wireless II but only for eq (ie not use it as a streamer). TV to Wiim via Spdif out to LS50 wireless via spdif. I would like to keep the KEF Connect app and subwoofer integration options intact, I don't/won't use the built in KEF streaming services.

Basically I want to add option to eq but can't figure out how to do that with Apple TV as the core of my system with LS50Wirelss II.

Thanks

staticV3

Master Contributor
Question: Would it be possible to add the Wiim between the TV and the LS 50 wireless II but only for eq (ie not use it as a streamer). TV to Wiim via Spdif out to LS50 wireless via spdif.
Yes.

Top Bottom