• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Pro Plus - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

Joffy1780

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Yeah but I have an amp already. Again, I'm aware it's being greedy.. also would love balanced outputs on the WiiM Pro Plus :D
Wiim Ultra sounds like it will fit the bill, but will have a screen as well.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
I believe this deserves the golfing/soccer panther ASR award.
Oh snap... I predicted this!!

WiiM Pro Plus streamer airplay wifi chromecast roon pramp review.jpg

Amir's review:

chaking

Forum Donor
Roon did work, and functionality is great. BitDefender network scan, however, found 422 vulnerabilities immediately when I connected it to my network.

Alexx

Wiim Ultra will be released in about 3 months.

It seems to have the same DAC, remote control and display, if the price is still low like the other models it is certainly an excellent product.

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

It seems to have the same DAC, remote control and display, if the price is still low like the other models it is certainly an excellent product.
Was that a port scan of the wiim itself? Can you post the results?

Huismannetje

Could it be the Wiim Pro+ has a new hardware revision? My previous PP identified itself as WiiM-Pro-Plus-40AC. The new one identifies itself as WiiM-Pro-Plus-57AC. Also, I now see an option to select the DAC Digital Filter Type (Sharp, Slow, NOS etc). Was that option already there in the 40AC? Also my 57AC refuses to work on a general 5V USB supply on which the 40AC works just fine. Both however only draw around 0.45-0.6A from the 5V supply.

Brantome

Major Contributor

The release date hasn’t been mentioned other than Q2, and given some of the issues they had with early units of the ProPlus and Amp, I wouldn’t be surprised if that slipped towards Jun/Jul.

None of the specific details have been published so we don’t know if it’ll have the same DAC as the Pro Plus or the Amp. It will have a remote control and touchscreen though.

Brantome

Major Contributor
Could it be the Wiim Pro+ has a new hardware revision? My previous PP identified itself as WiiM-Pro-Plus-40AC. The new one identifies itself as WiiM-Pro-Plus-57AC. Also, I now see an option to select the DAC Digital Filter Type (Sharp, Slow, NOS etc). Was that option already there in the 40AC? Also my 57AC refused to work on a general 5V USB supply on which the 40AC works just fine. Both however only draw around 0.45-0.6A from the 5V supply.

DAC filter selection has always been available on the Plus. What PCB versions are your devices?

modified

What is the difference? USB in?

Alexx

I contacted Wiim customer service and they gave me this information (I believe their answers are reliable).

They say the date is around June, the other technical answers should also be correct, even if they were quite vague in giving precise answers...

I think it's also normal that they don't want to disclose too much data for a product that isn't yet on the market.

Let's wait with confidence, I'm very interested in this new device.
Thank you.

Brantome

Major Contributor
I contacted Wiim customer service and they gave me this information (I believe their answers are reliable).

They say the date is around June, the other technical answers should also be correct, even if they were quite vague in giving precise answers...

I think it's also normal that they don't want to disclose too much data for a product that isn't yet on the market.

Let's wait with confidence, I'm very interested in this new device.
Thank you.
Ok, you didn’t make clear that’s where the info came from and, as you say, the rest is quite vague,

Alexx

@Brantome: I made it perfectly clear (maybe some mistake with the translator).

I repeat, the answers were given to me by the Wiim assistance service, I believe they are reliable, when they say that the Ultra model will have a remote control, probably the same DAC as the Ptro Plus and will be released in June :)

More clear than that, they were still very careful in giving this information.
For anything else just ask.

Brantome

Major Contributor
@Brantome: I made it perfectly clear (maybe some mistake with the translator).

I repeat, the answers were given to me by the Wiim assistance service, I believe they are reliable, when they say that the Ultra model will have a remote control, probably the same DAC as the Ptro Plus and will be released in June :)

More clear than that, they were still very careful in giving this information.
For anything else just ask.
See https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/wiim-ultra.1731/post-41216 as well and my request there for more info.

Alexx

@Brantome :

Thanks so much for the link, very kind.

In fact, there is a lot of talk about this device and expectations are high.

I'll copy/paste the answer they gave me from their customer support service, I went to look for it in my email:

"""""" Thank you for reaching out to us and for expressing your interest in the WiiM Ultra.

The WiiM Ultra is set to be available for purchase around June 30 this year. One of the standout features of the WiiM Ultra is its compatibility with the same DAC as used in the WiiM Pro Plus.

Thank you for your continued support. Should you have any questions or need further information, please feel free to reach out. We're here to assist you.

Best Regards,WiiM Support """"""

Thanks so much for the link, very kind.

In fact, there is a lot of talk about this device and expectations are high.

I'll copy/paste the answer they gave me from their customer support service, I went to look for it in my email:

I hope they can also bring forward the release on the market by a few days, I can't wait for at least the pre-order to be available!!!

See you soon, thanks.

Top Bottom