• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which TPA3255 amp do you recommend?

• Thread starter Deleted member 9685
  • Start date

daniboun

Major Contributor
LOL amigos ) I can't tell more I I am very confident)
The French government put a noose around my neck lol ))))))))))

By the way, I improved the RFI / EMI perturbances on my DrMordor amplifier, just to share the info : seems this filter works great for me )

chips666

LOL amigos ) I can't tell more I I am very confident)
The French government put a noose around my neck lol ))))))))))

By the way, I improved the RFI / EMI perturbances on my DrMordor amplifier, just to share the info : seems this filter works great for me )

Filter link please
Thanks in advance
Enjoy...
:)

DuncanTodd

From Wiki: Due to its ultra-secrecy the U.S. intelligence community referred to the NSA as "No Such Agency" and this amplifier is too good to be true so it is "No Such Amplifier". ;-)
Ahhh, gotcha! Touche!
Did the ferrite cores improve anything too or just the filter board from Amazon? I don't remember seeing the ferrites there before.

daniboun

Major Contributor

DuncanTodd

Attachments

• x2scrap2.png
    x2scrap2.png
    943.3 KB · Views: 237

daniboun

Major Contributor
Thank you.
I was asking about the ferrite cores. Do they help with the interference at all?

Globally yes, specially when I stream via BT (APTX HD.)

Take a look @ Page 19 of NewClassD cook book (you will see why I put those ferrites).

Last edited:

DuncanTodd

Globally yes, specially when I stream via BT (APTX HD.)

Take a look @ Page 19 of NewClassD cook book (you will see why I put those ferrites).
Thank you.
Are you going to keep all those amps? You seem to buy every one that comes out :)

daniboun

Major Contributor
Thank you.
Are you going to keep all those amps? You seem to buy every one that comes out :)

I sold some of my amps.... for a new project : I would propose soon some dual mono Purifi amps but I am waiting for the engineer with whom I work to finalize the custom buffer) fingers X

I will probably propose a limited group buy for European users at very attractive prices.

In // I am waiting for my new Gan amp )

Last edited:

daniboun

Major Contributor
Hi,

Here my quick review about the 3E Audio finished TPA3255 Amplifier after a 3 days listening test.

VS DrMordor Module :

- 3E Audio With OPA1612 sounds great and still have a good sounstage. But it definitely lacks consistency in the sound compared to the Drmordor module. The Drmordor is much more dynamic, more "organic". The bass drops lower and medium + high are better as well. Regarding the soundstage, the amps are equal, it is very precise and we find "the signature of the TPA3255" which remains, to my ears, the most holographic chip on the market. Regarding the quality of the case, and its fan, the 3E Audio is really well made, the fan is pretty noiseless, can't ear it at all.
Another important point, the Drmodor is more powerful at equal volume ... PFFB + best PSU (LLC) on DrMordor make the difference....

VS AIYIMA A04 (black PCB Tilear 2.1 with OPA1656)

- concerning the overall listening, I think that we are rather on amps of the same range, I found the 3E Audio a little less "alive" than my AIYIMA but I think that the OPA1656 are there for something (I did not test the 3E Audio + OPA1656). They perform almost equally but the AIYIMA is using a TPA3251 chip, so it's not necessarily very comparable.
On the other hand, I found the AIYIMA quieter, especially when I stream in BT (APTX HD via my DAC), it is less sensitive to interferences, it does better than Drmodor and 3E Audio in this regard.

Conclusion :

For less than $100, the 3E Audio TPA3255 is good amplifier, well made, well designed and interesting overall.
If you are really looking for the rolls of the TPA3255, go for a Drmodor, a Jlester or even an XRK Audio, we know why we pay more for them)
We do not play in the same class!

DuncanTodd

Hi,

Here my quick review about the 3E Audio finished TPA3255 Amplifier after a 3 days listening test.

VS DrMordor Module :

- 3E Audio With OPA1612 sounds great and still have a good sounstage. But it definitely lacks consistency in the sound compared to the Drmordor module. The Drmordor is much more dynamic, more "organic". The bass drops lower and medium + high are better as well. Regarding the soundstage, the amps are equal, it is very precise and we find "the signature of the TPA3255" which remains, to my ears, the most holographic chip on the market. Regarding the quality of the case, and its fan, the 3E Audio is really well made, the fan is pretty noiseless, can't ear it at all.
Another important point, the Drmodor is more powerful at equal volume ... PFFB + best PSU (LLC) on DrMordor make the difference....

- concerning the overall listening, I think that we are rather on amps of the same range, I found the 3E Audio a little less "alive" than my AIYIMA but I think that the OPA1656 are there for something (I did not test the 3E Audio + OPA1656). They perform almost equally but the AIYIMA is using a TPA3251 chip, so it's not necessarily very comparable.
On the other hand, I found the AIYIMA quieter, especially when I stream in BT (APTX HD via my DAC), it is less sensitive to interferences, it does better than Drmodor and 3E Audio in this regard.

Conclusion :

For less than $100, the 3E Audio TPA3255 is good amplifier, well made, well designed and interesting overall.
If you are really looking for the rolls of the TPA3255, go for a Drmodor, a Jlester or even an XRK Audio, we know why we pay more for them)
Nice.
Do you have the Aiyima A07 too?
I suppose the best test would be all with the same op amp? I bet I couldn't tell the difference between any of them unless I could do A/B.

daniboun

Major Contributor
Nice.
Do you have the Aiyima A07 too?
I suppose the best test would be all with the same op amp? I bet I couldn't tell the difference between any of them unless I could do A/B.

The best test would be, same OP Amps / Same chips )
I owned The A07 as well yes but I do prefer the 3E Audio, or the A04 with updated inductors + OP amps.

Last edited:

DuncanTodd

The best test would be, same OP Amps / Same chips )
I own The A04 yes and I upgraded the OP Amps and upgraded the inductors as well as below :
I have the A04 with the LM op amp they recommended. I don't think I have the black board but I don't have a screw driver that fits the screws they use ;) At any rate, replacing and upgrading stuff is not my forte.
I was asking if you have the A07 as well.

daniboun

Major Contributor
I have the A04 with the LM op amp they recommended. I don't think I have the black board but I don't have a screw driver that fits the screws they use ;) At any rate, replacing and upgrading stuff is not my forte.
I was asking if you have the A07 as well.

Sorry here goes :

I owned The A07 as well yes but I do prefer the 3E Audio, or the A04 )

Ralferator

Hi,

VS DrMordor Module :

Conclusion :

Thank you for your impressions. Did you make a blind test? Did you try the 3E Audio also with the original OP amp?

daniboun

Major Contributor
Thank you for your impressions. Did you make a blind test? Did you try the 3E Audio also with the original OP amp?

Sorry just tested it with the OPA1612.... this upgrade is $15 so I did it out of the box.
Test = very well known HD Audio play list, switch between amps even if I know this is not the best method....

Ralferator

Sorry just tested it with the OPA1612.... this upgrade is $15 so I did it out of the box.
Test = very well known HD Audio play list, switch between amps even if I know this is not the best method....

Our brain can fool us easily that is why i don't really believe in "not-blind" tests. If we think that one OP amp is better than the other, we will for sure hear it. We are not so neutral, rational as we sometimes think. But thank you for your impressions anyways.

Last edited:
Top Bottom