• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which headphone amp?

RDSChicago

Just bought a Wiim Pro Plus and need a headphone amp for bedroom use. Using single ended headphones. I don’t see the needs for an expensive amp. Let’s say under $300. Thinking about Schiit Magni+, Magni Heretic (what’s the difference between these two?) or Midgard. Any other better contenders from other brands at this price point? Thanks.

Last edited:

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Can't go wrong with the Magni Heresy or Heretic, JDS Atom, or Topping L30 II.

OP
R

RDSChicago

Can't go wrong with the Magni Heresy or Heretic, JDS Atom, or Topping L30 II.
And what about closed back headphones in the $200 range to go with the above amps? I listen to mellow jazz, classical and vocals. Not much hard rock. Thanks.

JIELKADE

Just bought a Wiim Pro Plus and need a headphone amp for bedroom use. Using single ended headphones. I don’t see the needs for an expensive amp. Let’s say under $300. Thinking about Schiit Magni+, Magni Heretic (what’s the difference between these two?) or Midgard. Any other better contenders from other brands at this price point? Thanks.
I use the Superlux HA3D. Very happy with it.

Top Bottom