• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

PCM63Y

I have finished measuring the following DACs:

1. Schiit Yggdrasil DAC with Gen V USB board but old analog board
2. Schiit Yggdrasil DAC with Gen V USB board and new analog board
3. Berkeley Alpha DAC (original version)
4. Chord Hugo 2 DAC

I have to capture the graphs, add text, etc. so can't do all of them at once. Right now I am ready to go with #1 but if you all are anxious for others, I can put that aside and do the others.

Could be nice to see a review of the Denafrips ARES II and its bigger sieblings Pontus II and Venus II. all are in release this month.
Speaking DAC's - my preferred listening DAC(s) still remains a 4x1702 dual red dot implementation / PCM63Y / PCM 1704 that is so mucical to anything else I have tried.

And this BB technology have roots all the way back to 1985 when BB developed their fundamental Signed Magniture R2R technology.

This Mark 6 edition of 4xPCM/63/1702/1704/1865 etc has just been released in this week, as these chip are still available for the retro audiophile listener who want the best....

Just for reference i would be happy to see also a review of this 4xPCM1702.....
/Kurt

Attachments

• DAC1.jpg
    DAC1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 209
  • DAC2.jpg
    DAC2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 184
  • DAC3.jpg
    DAC3.jpg
    1,019.1 KB · Views: 179

pcdinh

I am very interested in iFi ZEN DAC too. Topping, SMSL, Fiio ... and many China products are reported to many quality issues. I don't want to buy a product that can stop working in a few months.

Bliman

Just as a question. Is it known or is there a list which DAC's or products will get measured and reviewed in the coming time?
Just in case if I missed it.

Rem

Where is it on Amazon? I can't find it there, nor any of the places in US ifi links to.
Apparently it just recently started shipping to the suppliers. I talked to the Amazon rep for iFi and they don't have a good date for when it will be listed on there. I'm assuming it might be maybe 1-2 weeks.
headphones.com has it available on October 31.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

Rem

Well, one of you can order from those sites and send it to me. :) I will wait for Amazon.
I just received this message. So Amazon will take a bit longer than expected.

"Hello,

We have Zen DAC inventory on the way to the Amazon Fulfillment Center. They have it available for purchase now with an estimated availability as November 15th. With the holiday season coming up it takes longer than usual for them to receive incoming inventory. I hope this helps. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with."

Top Bottom