• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What Speakers Would You Like Amir To Measure Next?

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I come to Amir's reviews mostly out of curiosity and entertainment. I already have the speakers I want and he reviews a huge variety of speakers I'd never buy.
But it's fun to see his evaluations.

So, more wishful thinking than practical suggestion - I'd enjoy seeing Amir measure and comment on:

Joseph Audio speakers
Any latest Magico speaker
Another bigger Wilson speaker
Sanders Electrostatic speaker
MBL speakers
(would love to see that!)
Borresen speakers (100k for a standmount speaker? Let's see what they got!)

Again, just a fanciful list that in an ideal world I'd love Amir to bring his equipment and opinions to bear on.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
MBL speakers (would love to see that!)
Do they require a mechanical going over after shipping? Like a recalibration and torque stuff or is it designed to be resilient to tolerance changes? I think they would be a handful to put on the support stand base plate.

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Do they require a mechanical going over after shipping? Like a recalibration and torque stuff or is it designed to be resilient to tolerance changes? I think they would be a handful to put on the support stand base plate.

Not necessarily. But of any speaker I've owned, shipping the MBLs gave me the most heebie jeebies. It's hard not to see those omni petals as very delicate (which...they are pretty much). No way I'd ever ship them if I didn't have to. (I sold mine for local pick up).

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
FB_IMG_1685357156171.jpg

:)

totti1965

For 40 years, I am a reader of stereoplay (a german magazine, which reveals also some nice measurements (MLSSA)).
Never seen a passive speaker, like the Nubert NuVero 60 (EUR 1.718,— / Pair) or an aktiv speaker like their small NuPro A-20 or the NuPro A-200. Some confirmation through Amir would be so great!
Also would it be nice to see how good the Neumann KH-120 II will perform in comparison to the KH-150.
The best „cheap trick“ here in Germany is the Magnat Monitor Active 2000 (in Germany for just EUR 199,—/ pair). I liked it more than the Rogers LS 5/3a. But Again: Amir‘s confirmation needed!
The Most attraktive ultra-cheap passive speaker so far, for those who have access to ROON and a parametric Equalizer seems to be the Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2 , according to Erins Audio Corners measurements.
It would be interesting to find out, if Elac has changed anything since the EAC test. Amir meight take a look!

Aaaaaah, and I am dreaming of a test of the large Geithain Studio speakers like the Geithain RL 921, stereoplays all-time favourite! They have cardioid character, which seems to be necessary, if you want 9.0 Points in spinorama (USD 15.000,—/ pair). The distortions of these Monsters are increadibly low, the frequency response very flat. But how do they compare EXACTLY against Neumann KH-420 or Genelec 8361?

Thinking about so many other speakers: what about testing some Vintage Studio legends like the BBC LS 3/5a or the large Altec Lansing Studio Monitors the Beatles used (Altec 605 a with 604/8 Chassis and the Horn as a Coax)
Is there really any Progress in comparison to this stuff:
https://propstoreauction.com/lot-details/index/catalog/318/lot/95311#:~:text=Altec%20monitors%20were%20introduced%20to,most%20of%20The%20Beatles'%20recordings.

???

Amir has to find it out!

Yours,

thorsten

JakeK

Forum Donor
I'm very interested in the SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speaker for my gym/music room. They get high praise in reviews such as this https://www.avforums.com/reviews/svs-prime-wireless-pro-active-speaker-review.20548/

However with no apparent waveguide I suspect that they may not actually measure that well and amirm might find them somewhat flawed. I've been waiting to see a review come up on here. I would have thought SVS would be happy to have them measured as they talk a lot about measurement and testing they do themselves.

alex-z

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Wharfedale Diamond 9.0. Cheap option that is popular in the UK.

Monitor Audio Bronze 50. Not as cheap, but another popular UK pick. The Silver 100 measured well, curious to see what corners they cut in the cheaper version.

AM88

I'd be interested in a review of any of the active Meridian speakers, old or new.

mglobe

Forum Donor
Not sure it’s doable with the Klippel, but I’d like to see some open baffle (Spatial Audio?) and planar (Martin Logan, Manapan,…) speakers measured. Would also like to see some Monitor Audio products. I’m sure the planar speakers are not possible given the difficulty and expense of shipping them (And perhaps getting them on the platform)

CJH

Would like Amir to add compression test (like Erin) to all speaker reviews. Thanks.
CJH

Top Bottom