• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

what software do you use play music and could advise my a good cheap external audio card?

Mantra

Hi

1)
May I ask you what software do you use to play your music ?
actually I use foobar2000 v2 64bit under w10 /w11 in wasapi explusive with dsp (like sox replay gain and gapkiller ) and Audirvāna Studio for macos (but it does crash often) ?

2)may you advise me a good bluetooth receiver (once I have tested a cheap one for my grado headphone and it worked great for the price)?
now I use windows (with realtek) and macbook pro -> Scarlett Solo -> amp -> speaker , my ears did not hear any differents
bluetooth receiver for my android, i have installed foobar2000 and Aimp

thanks

ascl

Roon.. it’s expensive but it’s pretty and easy to use and allows whole house audio. Great for non technical people

Graham849

Forum Donor
Jriver, a steep learning curve but very integrated across windows and android. I only use the audio features but has a rich video ecosystem as well.

It has grown out of the Microsoft htpc environment but has excellent coding and its own programming if you want to delve deep.

It has an extensive help/bulletin board and wiki that is a bit daunting for newbies.

You can pay once and get approx 10 months of minor updates, or pay yearly for annual major upgrades with the updates.

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
Your choice of player software doesn't affect sound quality. I'm still using Winamp. It still works and I'm used to it.

OP
Mantra

Mantra

I use foobar as well.

Qudelix 5K is a great Bluetooth receiver. It's battery-powered, compact, has built-in Parametric EQ and a truckload of other useful features.
Hi
about Qudelix 5K looks great , i'm looking for a Bluetooth receiver for my amp ,maybe not battery-powered ,simple with a low latency
thanks
Jriver, a steep learning curve but very integrated across windows and android. I only use the audio features but has a rich video ecosystem as well.

It has grown out of the Microsoft htpc environment but has excellent coding and its own programming if you want to delve deep.

It has an extensive help/bulletin board and wiki that is a bit daunting for newbies.

You can pay once and get approx 10 months of minor updates, or pay yearly for annual major upgrades with the updates.
hi
I have used Jriver ,but too complicate
is better than foobar200 ? I'm talking about dps
thanks
Your choice of player software doesn't affect sound quality. I'm still using Winamp. It still works and I'm used to it.
Hi
winamp was a must , sadly no more developed , there is the last version , but no asio or wasapi support
thanks

Top Bottom