• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
How about the HD560s, it's got angled drivers and a nice frequency response, here it is compared against the HD600 and also the Harman Curve:
Harman 2018-Sennheiser HD560S-Sennheiser HD600.png

Perhaps the HD560S would have good soundstage due to the angled drivers, and that's a smooth inoffensive frequency response that's not far off Harman, and the bass is also not that far off either for an open back headphone. Hmm, I'm pretty darn interested in seeing that HD560s, it's not an expensive headphone either.
https://en-uk.sennheiser.com/hd-560-s-audiophile-headphone-high-end-over-ear

EDIT: @mysiak (was talking with you in the headphone recommendation thread), I nearly pulled the trigger on buying a pair of these for myself just now! Out of curiosity, and maybe the promise of the angled drivers re soundstage, and the fact the bass is close to Harman already - so praps low distortion when EQ'd up to Harman bass. Don't need them though, I'll hang a little while longer before I decide to buy them.

Last edited:

BARDUKE

IEMs all day long
YES! That would be great! All the big names:

Sony
Empire Ears
Oriolus
Ultimate Melody
Final Audio
ThieAudio
Dunu
Fiio
Sennheiser
Campfire Audio
64 Audio
Fir
iBasso

We would probably have to open a brand new section for just IEMs. That would be great!

mslim

Should Amir's measurements be in the HP community's database? At the moment oratory includes measurements from a few sources as per his GitHub posting eg. old innerfidelity's, reference audio etc etc.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Should Amir's measurements be in the HP community's database? At the moment oratory includes measurements from a few sources as per his GitHub posting eg. old innerfidelity's, reference audio etc etc.
That's not the topic of this thread......but also I don't think Oratory has anything to do with Github / Innerfidelity / etc.....Oratory has his own reddit area that he manages which includes pdf files accessible through Dropbox links that contain the measurement & EQ data......he also has his headphone graph comparison tool.....I'm not aware of any other areas that he has control over, the Github AutoEQ stuff that includes Oratory's measurements amoungst others (eg Innerfidelity) is managed & created by someone called Jaakopasenen (if I've spelt that correctly) so is nothing to do with Oratory.

deafenears

Forum Donor
Would like to see the following:

HIFIMAN Susvara - all these reviewers and owners talking about how good they are. Also from the positive review and measurements of the HE6 / HE6SEs.
Audeze LCD-X (2021) and LCD-XC (2021) - measurements online showing that they've "fixed" the 4 kHz dip, likely due to the pad change. Wonder if they've also fixed the 2 kHz to 8 kHz range.
Final D8000
Focal Stellia
Focal Clear Mg

OP
Cahudson42

Cahudson42

Major Contributor

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

mugbot

Forum Donor
Campfire Audio Andromeda (IEM)

deafenears

Forum Donor
Add the Audeze LCD-R, but with only 67 units, doubt @amirm will be able to get his hands on one :(

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

phoenixsong

Addicted to Fun and Learning
If the Moondrop IEMs measure well their upcoming E-Stat headphone might be worth a shot. Curious to see how well (or the contrary) they would do

Yorkshire Mouth

Major Contributor
@Amir I look forward to you all of your reviews.

But as a general point, I’ll throw this in. We’ve now ‘found’ great over-ear headphones with superb tonal balance, not needing much (or any) eq, for a reasonable price. Electronics-wise, with DACs and headphone amps, it’s the same.

We now need a blitz on IEMs to see if we can find some AKG K371 equivalents for a reasonable price. It can be difficult to eq from a phone (which what I suspect must if us use as a DAP), so we need something at least close-ish without eq.

Just my opinion.

Top Bottom