• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Not Amir, but better than nothin'

yep their conclusion mirrors mine:
fr-hd25.png

Graph Feppar

Bose Quietcomfort
Bose Quietcomfort Ultra

Sony WH-1000XM5
Sennheiser Momentum 4
Sennheiser Accentum Plus
Focal Bathys

The quietcomforts look like best ANC headphones but looking at RTINTS distortion graphs they seem to have high distortion at 100db. I want their distortion behaviour closely examined becose I have theory that their distortion is much lower at normal quieter listening levels. The Ultras have bizzare broadband midrange distortion at 100db, but low bass thd, very strange.

Last edited:

pavuol

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ultrasone - ASR/rtings - zero reviews, DYI - just one obsolete model.. why? o_O [somehow I always thought it was US brand, just now I read it is german..]

me gusta:
2024-04-20 10_05_03-ULTRASONE 15 - Circumaural High-end Headphones..jpg

not so much:
2024-04-20 10_04_41-ULTRASONE 15 - Circumaural High-end Headphones..jpg

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I hear you but it's an obsolete model, everything evolves :cool: ..or at least it is said so
One thing I can guarantee still holds true. Massively overpriced

pavuol

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
One thing I can guarantee still holds true. Massively overpriced
"Luxury series" probably, but other models not far from "mainstream / mid" segment market, let's say..

ULTRASONE SIGNATURE PURE - €169,00
ULTRASONE ISAR WIRELESS - €199

[base mfg prices listed]

tknx

Is Amir going to get a DMS Omega? I ordered one, so I could send it his way... And actually, speaking of DMS, he just went over the top on the Hisenior Mega5EST in his latest review, would be curious to see how that matches up elsewhere.

ZMF Atrium is another one I really want to see a review of.

Lots of other IEMs currently getting hype that I want to see: Tanchjim Origin, Thieaudio Hype 4, Pula PA02, Myer Audio CKLVX CK-D41, Myer Sliivo SL41

Of course keeping up with chinese IEMs is probably an exercise in futility...

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Lots of other IEMs currently getting hype that I want to see: Tanchjim Origin,

One off the list

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Oratory1990 has measured tons of headphones: https://www.reddit.com/r/oratory1990/wiki/index/list_of_presets/

If a headphone measures well, is well constructed, does not weigh too much, cost too much, or is very difficult to drive, it should be a candidate for purchase whether or not it has been measured here.
Except we have a few more in depth measurements like distortion which is useful to see, as well as Amir's subjective review of the headphone after EQ which can reveal some hidden issues that aren't seen in the frequency response alone - stuff like clipping of the driver in the bass when pushed. I've bought headphones though after just seeing the Oratory measurement.

Graph Feppar

JBL Tune 770nc

JBL is large manufacturer of headphones yet there is comparatively very little reviews and measurements except RTINGS. I tried these in the shop and was positively impressed. The earpad foam is proper memory grade, step up from Sony ch720n, the clamping force is on higher end but I actually like this as it takes the weight from top of my head. The earpads are small, yet the combo of good quality pleather and foam make them comfortable, they are little like over-ear + on-ear hybrid. The battery last long, they have low latency gaming mode and should be able to use LC3 codec when LC3 adapters become avaliable like the Creative BT-L3.

I see people in the bus and in city all the time with these yet if you go on internet, its like nobody talks about them.

Top Bottom