• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are we listening to right now..

iridium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Linger Group:
The guy on the acoustic guitar needs to turn it down; let her excellent voice come through unhampered.

iridium.

Webbie

Hi,

One of the best Dutch female voices in The Netherlands.
I love live performances especially when the artist perform well.

Greetz Webbie...

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
Didn't know here but this is really good music/voice. Thank you Bob!

Kasey Chambers = Emotional raw power (vocals and lyrics).
Some of the world best music artists are from Australia, including Kasey Chambers.

* Frank previously mentioned this: "Kasey Chambers is an acquired taste, that voice of hers neeeeds an excellent replay system ... :p"
...With a little touch of humor...Frank's unique style.

Not everyone is a Country music lover, not everyone can get used to some female's voice.
Frank is from Australia the magnificent continent. He has heard Kasey Chambers and U2.
I'm from Canada the peaceful North American continent. I have many albums and CDs of U2, and several CDs of Kasey Chambers.
Two different music genres; Rock/Pop/Electronica and Pop/Rock/Country/Vocal styles.
You don't need a state-of-the-art analog or digital audio reproduction system rig to appreciate either artist.
Kasey Chambers wraps/grasps her voice around your soul with all the true raw inside her own.
Grabbing and robbing a moment in time where you feel that soothing envelope and without overextending that balance, is the domain of musical touching art in your heart. And to me, Kasey Chambers is simply one female singer artist who has that real touch; no matter how limited is your sound system or how liberated it is.

I'm glad you like her Amir; you are very right in your new discovered ♫ appreciation.
________

fas42

Major Contributor
Another Aussie act, much older, who were just for fun ...

fas42

Major Contributor
Kasey Chambers = Emotional raw power (vocals and lyrics).
Some of the world best music artists are from Australia, including Kasey Chambers.

* Frank previously mentioned this: "Kasey Chambers is an acquired taste, that voice of hers neeeeds an excellent replay system ... :p"
...With a little touch of humor...Frank's unique style.

Not everyone is a Country music lover, not everyone can get used to some female's voice.
Bob, I was being serious, ;) ... we get clips on her singing at some event, on TV quite a bit - and there's a whining quality to her unproduced voice, which the normal TV audio really emphasises - I usually leave the room, or turn the volume down ... :D.

Otherwise, I have a great fondness for female country singers, going way, way back ...

fas42

Major Contributor
Aaaahhh! ... How many people can remember back to the times when groups could actually produce "the sound" without having the full makeover in the studio added ...

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Everyone has left my office, so now I get it to turn it up while I work :)

Emerson, Lake & Palmer's Welcome Back My Friends To The Show That Never Ends ~ Ladies And Gentlemen (HDtracks remaster):
Can't seem to find any info on who had their fingers on the dials of this remaster other than it being a BMG release? Will say that listening to it even on my Spotify 320 line it sounds very good. I have so much ELP already that I'm loath to spend $25 on the HD download but I think this one just might be worth it. Don't have the original to compare it to so can't make a blanket comment but ???????? YMMV

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Acoustic Flakes - Kazumi Watanabe

61CItvoiuQL.jpg

Mostly solo acoustic guitar, using various guitars, as intimated by the cover.

Kazumi Watanabe (guitar)
Richard Stoltzman (clarinet on 5)
Richard Bona (bass on 9)
Minako Yoshida (vocal on 11)

fas42

Major Contributor
Another clip reminded me of the Eurythmics, who are hardly ever mentioned in audio forums :) - this is fabulous, fabulous music making, a system in good shape will project an absolutely massive sound experience, and blow the the roof off your house when wound up to good SPLs - makes an orchestral crescendo sound tame in comparison! Again, if someone boasted about their setup guess what I'd bring along ... ;)

And as good an example as any ...

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Rachelle Ferelle (1992)

R-1879342-1373281142-1853.jpeg.jpg

Nice vocals over smooth jazz sort of combo... No clipping. I don't usually hear words, so I have no idea what she is singing about.

Anthony Jackson sneaks into yet another of my CDs.

Johnny Vinyl

Another clip reminded me of the Eurythmics, who are hardly ever mentioned in audio forums :) - this is fabulous, fabulous music making, a system in good shape will project an absolutely massive sound experience, and blow the the roof off your house when wound up to good SPLs - makes an orchestral crescendo sound tame in comparison! Again, if someone boasted about their setup guess what I'd bring along ... ;)

And as good an example as any ...

And it's not like their catalogue is weak. They produced 8 albums between 1981 and 1989 (I have 7 of them), which produced 8 Top 10 singles in the UK.

fas42

Major Contributor
Was reminded by another post that intro pieces into live concerts can be very telling - a classic, in every sense of the word is this,

which seamlessly rolls into

Huge, huge space is captured, with pristine quality - as good as any test track out there for checking out a system ...

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Glenn Gould - Hindemith - The Three Piano Sonatas

R-1748615-1289512856.jpeg.jpg

Consists of previously released material.
This recording was mastered using 20-bit technology for "high definition sound".

Ⓟ 1973 Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
Ⓒ 1993 Sony Classical GmbH

Distribution Sony Music
01-052670-10
Manufactured in Austria.
Printed in Holland/Imprimé en Hollande.

Piano Sonata No. 1 - Recording: 30th Street Studio, New York City, October 13, 1966
Piano Sonata No. 2 - Recording: Eaton's Auditorium, Toronto, February 18, 1973
Piano Sonata No. 3 - Recording: 30th Street Studio, New York City, December 29, 1966 & January 9 & 10, 1967

Note: The High Definition Sound has about nothing over 10 kHz on this recording.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Gershwin Plays Gershwin: The Piano Rolls

Gershwin recorded these piano rolls between 1916 and 1927. Several rolls use overdubbing, so that Gershwin is in effect playing a four-handed piece solo.

MI0002131481.jpg

Top Bottom