• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are we listening to right now..

bluefuzz

Major Contributor
She's got an album that's better recorded than that YouTube but I like watching the fingers

Yes, watching the fingers is half the fun. Her obvious joy in playing these old songs is heartwarming but doesn't quite come through on the album which is a little too well recorded IMO. But she certainly nails the vibe better than many thrice her age. There's a clip on YT where she attempts some John Fahey which bodes well for her future development ... ;-)

Multicore

Major Contributor
Yes, watching the fingers is half the fun. Her obvious joy in playing these old songs is heartwarming but doesn't quite come through on the album which is a little too well recorded IMO. But she certainly nails the vibe better than many thrice her age. There's a clip on YT where she attempts some John Fahey which bodes well for her future development ... ;-)
In the clip you shared you can see her really digging in to accent the bass a few times but you can't really hear it because there's no bass.

Since I'm listening to it right now...

Sligo River Blues beside the Sligo (Garavogue) River - Muireann Bradley​

maty

Major Contributor
NOW with better sound!!! Liszt - Ungarische Rhapsodien Nr. 2,3,5 - Mephisto Walzer Nr.1 - Boskovsky

Now with much less compression. You have to turn up the volume! More similar to the original sound than the previous one, much more compressed (solved the problem in the video editor). Before: DR9. Now: DR15 !!!!!

From videos downloaded:

DR Peak RMS Duration Track

DR9 0.00 dB -14.67 dB 42:22 ?-Liszt - Ungarische Rhapsodien Nr. 2,3,5 - Mephisto Walzer Nr.1 - Boskovsky
DR15 -0.33 dB -21.66 dB 42:22 ?-NOW with better sound!!! Liszt - Ungarische Rhapsodien Nr. 2,3,5 - Mephisto Walzer Nr.1 - Boskovsky --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

D

Deleted member 21114

His wikipedia page is wild.

Assassination Attempts

"He was shot in the leg in 1990 and survived an assassination attempt in 1998."
"On 14 March 2011, he was attacked and seriously wounded in the head. [...] Tatlises was hit with a bullet that entered the back of his skull and exited through the front."

Marriages

"Savaş and Tatlıses later got divorced. In 1984, it was reported in the media that claims were made by Savaş that she was beaten for seven hours after being kidnapped by İbrahim Tatlıses, following which she applied to the prosecutor's office and asked for his arrest. Tatlıses said in his interrogation by the police, "Savaş is the mother of my child. To let her wander around would make it feel beneath me." "
"In 2021, he announced his relationship with Gülçin Karakaya, who is 43 years his junior."

What a, er, character...

D

Deleted member 21219

But his voice and unmatched singing performance outshadow everything else about him.

Hmmmmmmm. I think that if someone kidnapped me and beat me for seven hours, I wouldn't really give a sh*t about their voice and singing performance. :mad:

Jim

Top Bottom