• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage with Audiophonics HPA-S250NC first REW meauserements

ernestcarl

Major Contributor
Don’t you see similar variations in this frequency band with sweeps within the same location as the MMM ?

My listening position isn’t close to the back wall, but I imagine any small displacement vs this reflection can change quite a lot the response

I've done +100 sweeps across a given listening space and when you average the measurements you do get very similar results to an MMM covering the same area. The energy is still there though not exactly where your ears/microphone is positioned in the space... more obvious if you move yourself a little forward, higher and/or lower the response will change as well.

palm

Indeed, so in previous measurements (single sweeps?) there was less energy in this band after correction, when can assume this was the result of that particular position not being really representative of the area covered by Dirac measurements. Or that the boost required would exceed the maximum allowed, but given the MMM results it’s probably the former.

Top Bottom