• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

We measure audio equipment for free!!!

Yes, like to test more SONOS stuff. I need to clear the backlog through before I go and buy more stuff with my own money. :)
I am planning on buying one - if that would accelerate things? I am quite curious about any differences between their digital management versus the Amp. Could we chat directly?

Andy
Bainbridge Island

Love to see the DBX Driverack PA 2 scrutinized.

I am planning on buying one - if that would accelerate things? I am quite curious about any differences between their digital management versus the Amp. Could we chat directly?

Andy
Bainbridge Island
Sure. Just start a conversation with me and we can take it from there.

Any plans to measure a Denafrips Hyperion? The company claims THD of 0.00078%.

If nobody else wants to send theirs in I'm offering, waiting on vishineaudio to mail mine ordered about three weeks ago.

If nobody else wants to send theirs in I'm offering, waiting on vishineaudio to mail mine ordered about three weeks ago.
@amirm anyone loaning this yet?

I have searched the forums and what I have not seen is a description of your test bench. Not that I can probably afford serious equipment, I would like to look up and see what is being used so I can compare it to the feeble DIY config I use.

There has been offers on and off but nothing has materialized.

I have searched the forums and what I have not seen is a description of your test bench. Not that I can probably afford serious equipment, I would like to look up and see what is being used so I can compare it to the feeble DIY config I use.

For speakers the Klippel NFS speaker measurement system is used. You can read more about it here:
For other audio equipment the primary measurement tool is the Audio Precision Analyzer (APx555).

For those wondering, Stereophile has measurements of the Terminator & Ares II:
https://www.stereophile.com/content/gramophone-dreams-40-denafrips-terminator-ares-ii-measurements

0.00078% is -102dB

Terminator and Ares II are DACs though, I'd like to see the Hyperion measured since it's a 150W into 4ohm Class AB amp w/ THD of 0.00078% according to Denafrips. For a DAC -102dB is decent but nothing special imo, however for a poweramp it would put it above the Hypex NC252 in terms of measurements if it's a real number. Many manufacturers have a history of fudging it or leaving out mains noise etc so I really trust Amirm for measurements.

Terminator and Ares II are DACs though, I'd like to see the Hyperion measured since it's a 150W into 4ohm Class AB amp w/ THD of 0.00078% according to Denafrips. For a DAC -102dB is decent but nothing special imo, however for a poweramp it would put it above the Hypex NC252 in terms of measurements if it's a real number. Many manufacturers have a history of fudging it or leaving out mains noise etc so I really trust Amirm for measurements.
Oops, my bad; didn’t know they made an amp.

Oops, my bad; didn’t know they made an amp.

All good, trust me it bamboozled me when I saw it for sale at vinshine.

For speakers the Klippel NFS speaker measurement system is used. You can read more about it here:
For other audio equipment the primary measurement tool is the Audio Precision Analyzer (APx555).
Thanks. More reading. A few too many zeros for me of course.

Amir,

In which state are you located? Is it possible that I send you some DAC for review and after that you ship it to FL (At my expense).

Amir,

In which state are you located? Is it possible that I send you some DAC for review and after that you ship it to FL (At my expense).
He's in Washington, Seattle area. I suggest you click on his name, then "start conversation" for a private chat and see if he's interested.

Hello, would you be interested in measuring electrostatic amplifiers, Kevin Gilmore recently described how to do this with the past few pages of the head-fi.org "Stax thread III."

Hello. I am interested in buying this Lavaudio DS600 and having you test it to see if it is a Topping D50s copy or if it is perhaps made by Topping for Lavaudio. I would need to return it by Jan 31 2021 if I decide to not keep it. Please let me know if you are interested. Thank you, Brian

https://www.amazon.com/DS600-Headph...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=G6FXGN03AKNJTZDR4HAN
It’s going to be a knockoff. However, just like the Ampire (D10 knockoff), it would be interesting to see how much worse it is.

Would be interesting to see where they are getting those graphs (122dB SINAD).

Back
Top Bottom