• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

[Video] Speaker measurements by Danny Richie

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Have you not seen what real speaker measurements look like? The above is so elementary it's pathetic to even compare that to what @amirm or anyone else that does proper polar plots. If Danny or any other speaker designer actually gave a crap they would test their products accordingly. Instead, these people are quick to tear apart other speakers to "make them better" when in reality they're looking at .2% of what actually makes the design which quite frankly, they're not even doing properly anyway. The issue is that customers like yourself don't learn about it and demand it so someone can be a garage speaker designer and have their cult which spreads misinformation.

OP
maty

maty

Major Contributor
Keep in mind that they are open baffle and that the graphics use a scale that allows you to see the undulations, something not very common by the sellers, what for me is a test of honesty, I think.

OP
maty

maty

Major Contributor
OP
maty

maty

Major Contributor
Resized to same scales.

OBL-15

troelsgravesen-OBL-15-frequency-900.png

NX-Otica

NX-Otica-crossover-graph-from-youtube-650.png

ahmadie

Keep it up I am really digging nx otica measurement, better than many speakers I know of thank you for sharing

OP
maty

maty

Major Contributor
Amazing design flaw in these Klipsch RP-800F floorstanding speakers. Danny Richie explains very well the cause of the BIG hole and how to solve it.

CSD original

View attachment 47749

CSD with new crossover

View attachment 47750

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=166535.msg1812826#msg1812826 by Homer2

[ This is the frequency response measurement of my Klipsch RP8000F speaker pair after the upgrade. These are in-room measurements at the primary listening position 16.1 ft away. The speakers are about a foot away from the front wall. And the room acoustics are acceptable but not stellar.

Not shown here but with a handful of PEQ filters applied I was able to tame the bass to match my house curve quite nicely. Very happy with with the raw in-room result. Amazing speaker performance at this price point. ]

Klipsch RP8000F updated - frequency graph.jpg

Top Bottom