• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

[Video] Speaker measurements by Danny Richie

maty

Major Contributor
Last edited:
OP
maty

maty

Major Contributor
GR-spectral-5_25-1_5-ms.png

GR-spectral-little-studio-monitor.png

OP
maty

maty

Major Contributor
Original spectral

spectral-horrible.png

after going through his hands!!!

spectral-horrible-after.png

OP
maty

maty

Major Contributor
KEF Q100

Resized

KEF-Q100-impedance-phase-big.png

KEF_Q_100_Wasserfall-x2.png

KEF_Q_100_Wasserfall-x2-scale-grey.png

Like Danny Richie speakers, the spectral decay is fast. And the KEF Q100 has less problem at HF than KEF LS50 but I can see a very little resonance at 700 Hz -> it needs more mass and damping absorbent (mechanical) material like my loved and cheap TecSound SY70 (I have a lot of; if someone near Tarragona (Spain, EU) needs this material I can give you the one you need for your speakers by free).

[Spanish PDF] https://lotus.soprema.fr/www/reftec...472B0B/$File/FT_INSSP002.b.ES_TECSOUND SY.pdf

Last edited:
OP
maty

maty

Major Contributor
Last edited:
OP
maty

maty

Major Contributor
OP
maty

maty

Major Contributor
Crossovers: Laying a Foundation

Passive vs digital crossover and more.

Richard Hollis

-> https://www.danvillesignal.com/high-performance-audio/dspmusik-2-8-multichannel-dac
Semi-customizable, Professional Audio Converter Platform

...The dspMusik starts by using low phase jitter clocks driving all the data converters. The optional ADC incorporates very high common mode rejection / low noise balanced inputs and DACs with minimum phase anti-imaging filters (desirable to avoid pre-echo effects). Signals are processed by an audio-optimized 32-bit/40-bit floating point DSP capable of up to 384 kHz performance.

-> https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...phase-vs-linear-phase.8762/page-7#post-225351

Last edited:
OP
maty

maty

Major Contributor
Last edited:
OP
maty

maty

Major Contributor
Last edited:

vitalii427

Forum Donor
This guy seems crazy. I see the measurements and he definitely knows a bit about crossovers. But tube connectors, really?

OP
maty

maty

Major Contributor
This guy seems crazy. I see the measurements and he definitely knows a bit about crossovers. But tube connectors, really?

You can try to verify it for yourself.

Re: Klipsch RP-600M Upgrade
Tube connectors test

Begins at 17' 33". Link ->

Despite the loss of audio quality on YouTube, many of us have been able to appreciate the big difference. Me with my modified KEF Q100 5.25" coaxial speakers, without headphones.

Therefore, if you are not able, you surely have at least one large bottleneck in your audio system.

Last edited:

vitalii427

Forum Donor
You can try to verify it for yourself.

Re: Klipsch RP-600M Upgrade

Despite the loss of audio quality on YouTube, many of us have been able to appreciate the big difference. Me with my modified KEF Q100 5.25" coaxial speakers, without headphones.

Therefore, if you are not able, you surely have at least one large bottleneck in your audio system.
I'll check this video later sure. But what is the theory behind this difference? If it is audible it should be definitely measurable.

OP
maty

maty

Major Contributor
Amazing design flaw in these Klipsch RP-800F floorstanding speakers. Danny Richie explains very well the cause of the BIG hole and how to solve it.

CSD original

Klipsch-RP-800F-CSD-original.png

CSD with new crossover

Klipsch-RP-800F-CSD-by-Danny-Richie.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom