• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Using Tidal Connect on a raspberry pi without Volumio

chinndog

Is Tidal Connect via pCP still capped at 44.1kHz/16-bit? Is there a better OS solution in 2024 for native Tidal and Qobuz without similar limitations that isn't paid for (Volumio)

Last edited:

Music1969

Major Contributor
Is Tidal Connect via pCP still capped at 44.1kHz/16-bit? Is there a better OS solution in 2024 for native Tidal and Qobuz without similar limitations that isn't paid for (Volumio)
WiiM Mini

Music1969

Major Contributor
Thanks, but does WiiM supply an open-source OS you can use on a Pi? Looking specifically for an OS to use on my Pi 4 setup, or perhaps an Intel NUC
everyone wants free but for Tidal Connect the only free are hacks, and not recommended

For a Pi4, pay 60 euros a year for Volumio - it is official supported Tidal Connect.

Volumio probably has to pay Tidal fees

wajs11

You can get Tidal Connect straight from the Tidal app - on Moode, Volumio, Hifiberry, using Docker. Im using it on a Moode.
Screenshot_20240314_172625_TIDAL.jpg

Dma

Wanna lot of troubles and like to play with raspbery - you`re on good way.
Want cheap fire and forget solution - choose something from wiim palette as it was already recommended here. I have pro but I have good external DAC, and wiim in my setup is bullet proof reliable with nice to use versatile software. And test with my dac confirm it is bitperfect!
If no dac - I would probably choose pro plus.

I played raspberry pi 4 with different experiments to reach Tidal and finished on payed volumio subscription. As they rised price I recalculated that by selling off raspberry and buying a little more expensive wiim I'll receive the same quality Tidall access but for completely free.

Last edited:
Top Bottom