• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Raspberry Pi streamer and Tidal (Max tier working)

Apprentice

I’ve seen several implementations of Raspberry Pi based streamers, but access to Tidal Max tier seems to be (still) missing. My understanding is that access to this tier is for the time being only available via the original Tidal apps. However, the latest USB Audio Player Pro beta version appears to have overcome this limitation.

I have therefore installed Android 13 on a Pi 4 (credit to https://konstakang.com/devices/rpi4/LineageOS20/ ) and there you have it! An Android based streamer with access to all Play applications and no audio limitations inherent to Android! As you will note, one now can see the album/song format (Master/MQA/Hi-Fi) and choose where multiple formats are available, etc. Currently controllable via keyboard & mouse, planning to test the original Pi 7” touch screen. The built has also a VNC server, therefore one can mirror the screen (and hence control) on a handheld device.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 173
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 170
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 155
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg