• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Upgrading Bluesound Node to Sonos?

Zanollo

I have been using a Bluesound Node for about two years. I feel like this is another case of Tesla. Electronic/IT leader vs core tech. i.e. building a car vs SW.
To my ears the Bluesound sounds really good... when it works. There is just to much network drama with it. In particular when I run it together with a Flex speaker.
I did countless of WiFi tests and concluded like other users that its implementation is lacking. But even when wired there can be hickups.
I think the app is not bad, but nothing that makes me think I can't move away form it.
Then there is the "wireless" speaker. So, I got a flex with the idea to take it out to the patio. So, I got the battery pack. Never mind that it is clunky, doesn't hold charge that long and that I need to plug in the regular power cable to charge (which sometimes require persuasion to make contact)

So, I am trying to simplify life. Of course there is Sonos. Doesn't have the audiophile reputation. But appears to work well for a large market. Comes with speakers meant to take out.

What else is there?

Top Bottom