• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Upgrade from 7Hz Salnotes Crinnacle Zero 2

jazzvinyl2020

I'm stunned by the sound quality of this IEM (never liked IEMs before) and keep wondering - is there an even better one that's a real step up? I'm planning to spend max. 200-400 and want to use it for traveling when I only have my iPhone with me.

markanini

Major Contributor
First include a CX dongle in your budget, it only $10 and is a good as a dedicated amp costing many times more. As for IEMs the best upgrade is one that improves fit. This is super individual and can't be reflected by frequency response graphs. Buy with a return policy. I like Truthear Red personally.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have those and many others. The Moondrop Kato is a big upgrade and I just get in a good mood whenever I switch to those. Source is key, FLAC 44.1khz 16 bit for the music collection. Also I just got a Tanchjim Space today and it's a nice upgrade over the Apple 3.5mm USB adapter I was using for travel. Both are absolutely solid value for the money. Also Aliexpress has that huge sale until the 27th if you want rock bottom prices. I just got a Topping A70Pro for $350 delivered with coins, coupons, and 3 percent cashback on a credit card, plus 2 year warranty since it's doubled. You can get great deals on IEM's and stuff too.

Cote Dazur

Addicted to Fun and Learning
is there an even better one that's a real step up?
To me, my Truthear x Crinacle Zero are a real step up from my 7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2.
51NSopMSCSL._AC_SX679_.jpg

They work great with my Iphone/apple dongle.

Top Bottom