• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

7Hz Salnotes Zero vs. Tangzu Wan'er vs. Truthear Hola vs. CCA CRA?

SimonARG

Hi! I'm looking to buy a pair of IEMs at the 25.000~ Argentine Pesos price point (A.K.A. 20 US Dollars). It just so happens that the four models included in my title are the only four good options I have in my region (Argentina). I know there are other models from the likes of Moondrop, Kiwi Ears, KZ and QKZ, but they're either not available here, or twice the price of the titular IEMs because of weird import tariffs, so please, limit discussion to these four.

As I understand, both the tuning and the technical performance of these four are extremely similar, so I'll be pretty much buying based on quality assurance, comfort and build quality (I even run system-wide EQ on all my devices so tuning doesn't matter). Knowing this, here are my questions:

• What's the build quality of these models like (specially referring to the included cable)?
  • How's the brand reputation for quality control/assurance for each of these?
  • How comfortable are these (specially looking at the Zero's weird shell which may or may not be an issue)?
  • Finally and less important, is there one of these with any significant advantage in technical performance?
Out of these four, honestly I'm looking at build quality the hardest. I treat my IEMs as a tool, and wear them sitting down at my computer, working out, going outside and sleeping. The cable has to be as good as possible, as should be long-term comfort. Quality control/assurance and general brand reputation is a secondary but important worry, as I would like the lowest risk of a factory deffective unit, or to have my drivers switcharood for some downgraded ones.

Also from my limited research, it does seem like the Truthear Hola has both the best shell and cable build quality, and is tied in comfort with the Wan'er, so that's looking like my pick right now.

Thanks in advance for the replies!

otz.zu

Hi and greetings from Mexico. No sé si escribir en español or English hahaha. Basically the one you choose will be a great option. I own all and can say you won't regret picking up one among them.
-If we talk about built quality, the winner is the 7hz salnotes zero. It feels robust and its cable is pretty great. The second place goes to the hola but its cable is slightly better than zero. To me CRA and Tangzu have a similar built, they both feel cheap. Perhaps because tangzu invested more in the box.
-i guess 7hz and truthear are very reliable. CRA made silent changes in their tuning so some people say they are not worth anymore.
-about fit, well, it depends on your anatomy. Zero are great for me but feels bulky for some. Hola and Waner are safer in this aspect.
-For the prize you are paying for similar products, there's no huge advantages, maybe zero has better imaging and some claim hola have better staging. At the end I find it very subjective.
Don't overthink too much and pick up the one you want. They all are great iems

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
As far as I know the 7Hz Salnotes Zero is the best buy in this category. I own 2 pairs.

markanini

Major Contributor
I tried all in the title, I prefer Hola. Or if you want some more detail and don't mind EQ for bass, 7Hz Zero.

Last edited:

Jimi Mack

Hello,

I own all 4 and in comfort I give it to the Hola, then in order the 7hz, CCA then Tangzu
In quality and build, I would put them in the same order, though if pushed you could swap the Hola and 7hz, the 7hz just feels more plastic and hollow to me.
As for the cables Hola first, 7hz 2nd and the other two are useless, you will find yourself replacing these two.
Even though you mentioned you will EQ but they all do have different sounds besides just changing frequencies. The Hola has a more laid back sound, soft and comfy, the 7hz supplies a little more detail and takes to EQ well. The CCA has more bass with can be lowered but it does not help the mids of highs and lack detail compared to the other 2. Now the Tangzu for me comes across shouty and offensive no matter how I try to make adjustments. Again all of this is just my opinion.

OP
S

SimonARG

Hi and greetings from Mexico. No sé si escribir en español or English hahaha. Basically the one you choose will be a great option. I own all and can say you won't regret picking up one among them.
-If we talk about built quality, the winner is the 7hz salnotes zero. It feels robust and its cable is pretty great. The second place goes to the hola but its cable is slightly better than zero. To me CRA and Tangzu have a similar built, they both feel cheap. Perhaps because tangzu invested more in the box.
-i guess 7hz and truthear are very reliable. CRA made silent changes in their tuning so some people say they are not worth anymore.
-about fit, well, it depends on your anatomy. Zero are great for me but feels bulky for some. Hola and Waner are safer in this aspect.
-For the prize you are paying for similar products, there's no huge advantages, maybe zero has better imaging and some claim hola have better staging. At the end I find it very subjective.
Don't overthink too much and pick up the one you want. They all are great iems
Gracias por la respuesta! Yeah what you're saying makes sense and tends to align with what I've read in reviews. I think I might end up getting the Hola just for the cable.
As far as I know the 7Hz Salnotes Zero is the best buy in this category. I own 2 pairs.
Thanks for your opinion, it's super interesting to see how much taste differs even at this level of marginal improvements.
I tried all in the title, I prefer Hola. Or if you want some more detail and don't mind EQ for bass, 7Hz Zero.

EDIT: Sharing some fun graphs.
Thanks, it does seem to be the case that the Zero's more neutral tuning lends itself better to detail.
Hello,

I own all 4 and in comfort I give it to the Hola, then in order the 7hz, CCA then Tangzu
In quality and build, I would put them in the same order, though if pushed you could swap the Hola and 7hz, the 7hz just feels more plastic and hollow to me.
As for the cables Hola first, 7hz 2nd and the other two are useless, you will find yourself replacing these two.
Even though you mentioned you will EQ but they all do have different sounds besides just changing frequencies. The Hola has a more laid back sound, soft and comfy, the 7hz supplies a little more detail and takes to EQ well. The CCA has more bass with can be lowered but it does not help the mids of highs and lack detail compared to the other 2. Now the Tangzu for me comes across shouty and offensive no matter how I try to make adjustments. Again all of this is just my opinion.
Thanks for your detailed reply! The Tangzu seems like a "love'em or hate'em" kinda deal, and the CCA CRA does seem untrustworthy. If we´re describing the Hola as "warm" and the Zero as "detailed", that plus the better cable in the Hola, damn the Hola seems like my dream product lol. Again thank you! I think I'm locking into the Hola after all.

Chyżwar

As I understand, both the tuning and the technical performance of these four are extremely similar,

Honestly, they're not that similar. The Hola are the darkest and warmest, a bit muddy actually. The 7Hz Zero and the Wan'er are definitely brighter, may be a bit harsh for some.

I absolutely love the Wan'er (amazing for the price!) but for build quality and cable the Hola is the best choice.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

mc.god

Having both 7Hz Zero and Truthear Hola I have not much more to add to what others already said, just a few details that maybe can be useful to you:
  • I prefer the Hola cable since it's more flexible and has straight 2 pin connectors, even though the 7Hz is good too, havig long and just barely angled connectors. For my ears anatomy I can't get proper seal with cables that have short and very angled connectors (those coming with CRA and Wan'er for example).
  • Despite being good, Hola cable has a little flaw in the 3,5 jack: it's a bit too bulky and can be difficult to completely insert into smartphone if you have a cover. 7Hz Zero cable has a perfect thin and straight jack, don't know CRA and Wan'er.
  • I remember some users complaining about 7Hz Zero losing their metal faceplates, don't know how common is the problem and in case just a cosmetic issue, but since you pointed at build quality as a main factor i think is good to know.

Top Bottom