• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Upcoming $799 Onkyo TX-8470 2-Channel Receiver - Listing shows Dirac Live Full Band

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
Amazon (USA) has a listing for an Onkyo TX-8470 2-channel receiver with HDMI - 'This item will be released on May 14, 2024'

OP
P

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
OP
P

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
Onkyo USA now shows the TX-8470 stereo receiver as does the page at Amazon. Amazon mentions 'Dirac Full Band' as a Special Feature but I see no mention of Dirac in the documentation for the TX-8470 from Onkyo

I see no mention of Dirac in the documentation for the TX-8470 from Onkyo
I agree that the Onkyo's specs show no Dirac logo that is associated with this product. Just about every other logo though. That's a shame if it isn't.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
there's no obvious mic socket

unless they can work it thru usb

the biggest takeaway i have from this is that this does NOT look like a product worth $799

the whole build quality and back panel does not look very nice at all

also Class G???? hmmm

dlaloum

Major Contributor
there's no obvious mic socket

unless they can work it thru usb

the biggest takeaway i have from this is that this does NOT look like a product worth $799

the whole build quality and back panel does not look very nice at all

also Class G???? hmmm
Yes I find the amp topology change interesting....

Should result in power savings for low power use (most of the time!) - Heat reduction as well...

Will be interesting to see it on the bench!

Top Bottom