• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

UMIK-1 and Anthem ARC show different responses. What gives?

Snoochers

I don't have a great ear but recently I've noticed my system a bit lacking in the deep bass. I ran some sinewaves too and seemed like the loudness of bass dropped quickly under 40hz (even knowing that lower frequencies generally sound quieter). I ran REW with my UMIK-1 to check it out and sure enough 20hz is about 5-6db lower than it should be and it should be the highest part of my curve. Anthem ARC with the anthem mic seems to think that 20hz and 40hz are just as loud.

Why does REW+UMIK-1 and the Anthem ARC mic differ by 5-7db in deep bass? I asked Anthem and they mentioned it could be due to weighing but that doesn't make sense to me since the mic data shouldn't be weighed to my knowledge.

The problem here is to get 20hz right in REW I need to boost the crap out of the deep bass which doesn't seem right to me.

image (3).png

Willem

Major Contributor
Did you apply the calibration file, and the correct one at that?

cct

I have an MRX 1140 and I'm finding oddities in the deep bass with ARC.

Top Bottom