• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Ugliest component ever created

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah, me too!! The silver and copper colour really blends in welll with the meter.
Really, I'd like it better with an amber coloured meter:
1632924078947.png

I also wonder if you would ever see the needle move when playing at normal volume... A linear meter is not very convenient.

mcdn

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

Robin L

Master Contributor
As we all know, the mind is the most important component as regards sound and music:

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
I like Macintosh, but I recognize that it's a hotly debated topic.

I give you this turntable:

R.04a5812a4ae4624383e64dcfb40abd24

Well... there are plenty of unfortunate looking turntables -- but even here good ol' Mac has outdone themselves with (perhaps) unironic self-parody.

mt10-angle.ashx

(the pièce de résistance, of course, being that speed indicator meter-that's-not-really-a-meter)

On the other hand, maybe they're poking fun at their own fanbase, a la (I suspect) the Schitt-boys with their finicky, fiddly, chewing gum & string SOL turntable (which was, ultimately, essentially DOA -- the Spruce Goose of turntables). ;)

schiit-sol-correct.jpg

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor

BeeKay

Disagree on this one. I enjoy the Steampunk look of those amps.
The combination of colors and materials alone is a bookable offense

Top Bottom