• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping SR2 Aluminum Rack

srkbear

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
C88FB4CF-DECC-405E-AC91-D1E33A2957B2.jpeg

I sprang for them! They’re a perfect width and depth for the Topping d90se (middle rack). I have the iFi Neo Stream network streamer on top and the iFi Pro iCAN Signature amp on the bottom. There’s enough space above and below to allow heat to disperse.

Their only downside to me is their rather precarious floating/detached feet, that are secure once you get them all aligned, but take some futzing to get them there. Once you have all the columns set on the feet, it takes some messing around to move the unit if it isn’t lined up perfectly—they don’t scoot easily.

The headphone mounts are BRAINWAVS—they adhere via 3M tape and once set they hang on for dear life. They’re deep enough for just about any headphone.

BRAINWAVZ Hooka The All Metal Headphone Stand Hanger https://a.co/d/886WKsq

The headphone Omega stand is a knockoff of the original Sieveking version, and for 1/10 the price looks and feels perfectly premium. Some other versions have a lacquer that can stick to the leather pads of some headphones and tear off their surfaces (!), but this particular brand does not.

Wood Arch Headphone Stand (Walnut Finish) TEKLINE Model: ASONA https://a.co/d/3f21dFt

Adaboy4z

Another decent alternative are these monitor stands by Oasis. I've bought two of the long ones (42" x 10.5") and three of the short ones (16.5" x 10.5"). They're sturdy and well-made. The wood is a very dense and a heavy type of bamboo ply. Legs are solid metal. I watched Amazon for used ones and bought a couple of them for about $30 each. I use the black color for my coffee-table system and the natural color on my desktop.

The feet on the legs also fit perfectly in these anti-vibration pads:
Thanks for that first link. It was right up my alley. It's sitting on top of a small book shelf. My tablet and wireless phone charger sit on top and E70 stack underneath!!

Attachments

• 20221219_174544.jpg
    20221219_174544.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 155

Dr Eas

Looks nice and all but a little expensive 220 usd for a small desktop rack, don't you think?

https://apos.audio/products/topping...io/products/topping-sr2-aluminum-rack[/QUOTE]
I know this is dated but for under $25.00 you can get 2 monitor risers with adjustable legs and stack them. I've been using for several years and other friends also bought them. You can add silicone or felt or your preferred pads to the bottom of the legs if you want. There are other inexpensive systems like this, all under $30.00 but this was the only one with adjustable legs. https://www.amazon.com/Computer-Monitor-Adjustable-Desktop-Notebook/dp/B07DGPBHKH

Attachments

• MonitorStandsHeadphoneDACamp.jpg
    MonitorStandsHeadphoneDACamp.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 93

Snoopy

Major Contributor
Why not just stack amp and DAC? Just replace the rubber feet on those things with some inexpensive hifi feet. Adds enough space for air circulation.

Dr Eas

Why not just stack amp and DAC? Just replace the rubber feet on those things with some inexpensive hifi feet. Adds enough space for air circulation.
No reason you can't. I've been through several components (the original Topping A90 & D90 stack was great and easy to stack but 3 of the A90's died. So I replaced with the SingXer SA-1 and also got the xDuoo TA-20). The SingXer amp does gets pretty warm. So in my set up - see the picture, I really cannot stack these. And I added the ONE Little Bear XLR switcher... Now when you use XLR cable, access to power cords, USB... the stands let me organize them, access cables, etc. All that said, if you just have a neat combo set up, you don't need a stand. Whatever you like!

Attachments

• heaphoneDACampcables.jpg
    heaphoneDACampcables.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

Snoopy

Major Contributor
The Singxer only gets warm when it stays in class A mode and U have headphones that need lots of current.
I got one as well :) I got one as well. You could open it up and add aluminium cooling fins and cooling pads if you are into modding.

Shivers

Just got my stand, along with my new Topping PA3S which I don't have speakers for yet. Quality of stand seems very good, extremely solid for a small stand, I'm not much of a packaging person, but this was very well packaged and the outside box seemed pretty premium as far as packaging goes. Now to find some desktop speakers...

Attachments

• IMG_8636.jpg
    IMG_8636.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 43

theREALdotnet

Major Contributor

Jeff M.

Dayton Audio Just came out with this audio rack a few weeks ago. Looks nicely build without breaking the bank. I might be getting this one to clear up some space in my listing room. Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_3150.png
    IMG_3150.png
    477.6 KB · Views: 60

JeremyFife

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Also using the glass monitor stands from Amazon (£30ish for a pair on a deal) ... WiiM mini too small to be seen, but it's the main source now

Attachments

• DSC_0959.JPG
    DSC_0959.JPG
    249.3 KB · Views: 31
Top Bottom