• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

NgtFlyer

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08H8J2J98/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_Md9dGbYXE3BR3

Does that include ones that are located already at amazon warehouses? Is it a good idea to just return my current l30 and purchase a new one as that will be a quicker swap. Trying to get a swap with zero downtime as I've really enjoyed my e/l30 stack so far and I don't have any other output besides my onboard to fall back on.

Yes. Amazon themselves do not sell the L30 - 3rd party dealers sell through Amazon. Those dealers are not allowed to sell the old pre-fix L30s. If you order one from Amazon, you will get the revised unit.

NONTAS

Finaly i got a reply from HIFI COLLEGE via amazon.de . It is in german but i don't speek german so here is the english translation :

"Hello, the replacement is completely free! Please provide a photo of the SN number of the topping L30 (all-round photos)! And send me your information (phone number and address) pls."

They don't say anything about damaging the unit, or when they will send it, or what is going to be the s/n of the replacement unit. Should i go with them or to return and ask refund from amazon since i can return it til 15th Feb???

Frio

They don't say anything about damaging the unit, or when they will send it, or what is going to be the s/n of the replacement unit. Should i go with them or to return and ask refund from amazon since i can return it til 15th Feb???
How would they know some of the answers or anyone here? They will send out a unit without unpacking before shipping because they trust topping.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Should i go with them or to return and ask refund from amazon since i can return it til 15th Feb???

That's your decision. I would simply send the pictures and get a FREE replacement. You will get a fixed one. Don't worry.
Everyone can check the serial number they receive and AFAIK the serial number is even on the box.
(at least it was on the E30 DAC)

Last edited:

nxnje

So, can I finally get in contact with Shenzen Audio Store again and be sure they will send a COMPLETELY fixed unit (both ESD and other problems solved)?
I want the fully fixed one so I was waiting for it.

If you confirm they will send me the final and completely fixed version, Imma contact them now.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
So, can I finally get in contact with Shenzen Audio Store again and be sure they will send a COMPLETELY fixed unit (both ESD and other problems solved)?
I want the fully fixed one so I was waiting for it.

If you confirm they will send me the final and completely fixed version, Imma contact them now.
Please do so. :)

SHIN

Hi.

Yesterday I bought it at Amazon in Japan.
It arrived today, but it was old 2011.
When I asked Shenzhen Audio via Amazon, they said they would send me a new version.
It will take a couple of weeks.:confused:

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Sloppy seller. Looks like everyone, even now should check the ser. # they received.
Looks like the seller (@SHENZHENAUDIO ? ) has not properly instructed their personnel.

NgtFlyer

Finaly i got a reply from HIFI COLLEGE via amazon.de . It is in german but i don't speek german so here is the english translation :

"Hello, the replacement is completely free! Please provide a photo of the SN number of the topping L30 (all-round photos)! And send me your information (phone number and address) pls."

They have what they need, they only asked me for a photo of the serial number which I provided.
I wouldn't worry about returning the old unit - just discontinue use and put it out with e-waste, or maybe put it up on a shelf as a decoration or something. Topping is providing the replacement units.

nepnep

I just emailed the email the hifi collage email redirected me to. Probably going to get a reply later tonight. Amazon seemed to only have the option to call about the l30 and not contact the seller at all.

sladeology

Hey guys,

I've been lurking this thread for the past few weeks as a purchaser of the L30 myself, and find myself exceedingly pleased with what this community has been able accomplish. My appreciation further extends to Topping, who have been great on their end. This is my first comment on an ASR thread, and I'm glad to finally be a part of this community!

I am pleased to say that I have received my replacement unit for the Topping L30 amplifier. I purchased my unit from the private seller, DILVSHI, on amazon.ca. Like many users on this forum, I was instructed to send proof of destroying my current unit (still working on this :)). My experience with the replacement fulfillment has been exceptional, and I gladly see myself purchasing other Topping products in the future.

The packaging of the replacement unit was to my surprise, executed well. I believe others receiving their replacements should not be concerned in this regard.

20210126_154243(1).jpg
20210126_154446.jpg
20210126_154431.jpg

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Most are dying to know... what 4 numbers does the ser. # begin with ?

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
........Amazon seemed to only have the option to call about the l30 and not contact the seller at all.

Recently Amazon has made it a lot more complicated to Message a seller. They seem to want to provide answers themselves.
However, it still can be done (at least in the U.S.)

This is how to Email a seller using Amazon Messaging:
1. Find your Purchase in your order history.
2. Click on "INVOICE" ( Not Product support)
3. Click On "Seller Profile" after "HiFi College" on the invoice
4. Click on "Ask Seller A Question" (this opens up the Amazon Seller Messaging Assistant)
5. Click on "Question on an Order I have Placed"
6. Click "Select" the Topping L30
7. Click on "Other" for the topic, and then "Other" again.
8. Finally, you can send your message.

I think you can message more directly using the product listing page, but the advantage here is that the seller can see the information on the exact purchase you made so you avoid having to repeat a lot of stuff.

I do not know why it is so complicated. On some products Amazon wants to provide all of the support, but I think that's an Amazon decision not a seller decision.

sladeology

Recently Amazon has made it a lot more complicated to Message a seller. They seem to want to provide answers themselves.
However, it still can be done (at least in the U.S.)

This is how to Email a seller using Amazon Messaging:
1. Find your Purchase in your order history.
2. Click on "INVOICE" ( Not Product support)
3. Click On "Seller Profile" after "HiFi College" on the invoice
4. Click on "Ask Seller A Question" (this opens up the Amazon Seller Messaging Assistant)
5. Click on "Question on an Order I have Placed"
6. Click "Select" the Topping L30
7. Click on "Other" for the topic, and then "Other" again.
8. Finally, you can send your message.

I think you can message more directly using the product listing page, but the advantage here is that the seller can see the information on the exact purchase you made so you avoid having to repeat a lot of stuff.

I do not know why it is so complicated. On some products Amazon wants to provide all of the support, but I think that's an Amazon decision not a seller decision.
I have found it much simpler to do the following:

1. Click on "Accounts & Lists"
2. Under the Email alert, Messages, and Ads panel, click message center

And then reply to seller messages on that platform. But yes, 100% Amazon needs to do a better job of making messaging more accessible.

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have found it much simpler to do the following:

1. Click on "Accounts & Lists"
2. Under the Email alert, Messages, and Ads panel, click message center
And then reply to seller messages on that platform. But yes, 100% Amazon needs to do a better job of making messaging more accessible.

Your suggestion works, but only if you have already received a message from the seller. My suggestion is how to initiate contact with no previous messages. I think you have to either do what I suggest above (which gives them your invoice info) or message them through the listing itself (which does not give them this info).

I am also a small Amazon merchant...and over the last couple of years Amazon has made it much harder to message your customers. Many customer's Amazon privacy settings prevent any direct messaging. When a customer asks a question about a product, Amazon disguises their contact information. I am sure part of it is to prevent constant spamming, and also to prevent direct sales outside of Amazon.

The good news is that once a seller messages your email address, you can just reply to the email through your normal email provider, so it is easy after that. By all means let me know if there is an easier way.

Last edited:

NgtFlyer

On my Amazon US Windows/Chrome computer my options are not the same. I can go
1. Accounts & Lists
2. Accounts
3. Messages from Amazon and Sellers.....but this only works if I have already received a message from the seller. So, to initiate contact I think you have to either do what I suggest above (which gives them your invoice info) or message them through the listing itself (which does not give them this info).

I am also a small Amazon merchant...and over the last couple of years Amazon has made it much harder to message your customers. Many customer's Amazon privacy settings prevent any direct messaging. When a customer asks a question about a product, Amazon disguises their contact information. I am sure part of it is to prevent constant spamming, and also to prevent direct sales outside of Amazon.

The good news is that once a seller messages your email address, you can just reply to the email through your normal email provider, so it is easy after that. By all means let me know if there is an easier way.

The fact that you are an Amazon merchant is probably why you have the additional menu options.

(suddenly I hear every support call in my head... Please listen closely as our menu options have changed!)

Thanks for posting the steps to contact sellers. I am sure this will be helpful to those that may have difficulty finding the option. I had to do a bit of looking myself to get there.

nepnep

1611711384125.png

Just got this reply back from Hifi College guessing I have to destroy it before they send it?

Top Bottom