• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping L30 + Byerdynamic DT1990Pro, a good combo?

Scouky

Hi guys, new to ASR.

And also new to desktop Hi-Fi, I've been playing around with IEMs and Portable DAP/ DAC & AMP for 7 years. Just trying to get a touch on over-ear headphones and serious desktop DAC & AMPs.

Recently I upgraded to DT1990pro from DT880 250Ohm, and plan to buy an AMP for it. Currently, I'm still using my Fiio Q5 as the DAC&AMP for all my listening.

I personally found the DT1990pro's treble and bass a bit over-aggressive for my taste. Would L30 be good for tighten the bass and smooth the treble of DT1990?

Also if I use the line out from my Q5 and connect it to the AMP via a 3.5mm to RCA cable, would it be "lossy" compared with a desktop DAC like E30 which has RCA output?

Thank you!

escalibur

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi guys, new to ASR.

And also new to desktop Hi-Fi, I've been playing around with IEMs and Portable DAP/ DAC & AMP for 7 years. Just trying to get a touch on over-ear headphones and serious desktop DAC & AMPs.

Recently I upgraded to DT1990pro from DT880 250Ohm, and plan to buy an AMP for it. Currently, I'm still using my Fiio Q5 as the DAC&AMP for all my listening.

I personally found the DT1990pro's treble and bass a bit over-aggressive for my taste. Would L30 be good for tighten the bass and smooth the treble of DT1990?

Also if I use the line out from my Q5 and connect it to the AMP via a 3.5mm to RCA cable, would it be "lossy" compared with a desktop DAC like E30 which has RCA output?

Thank you!

You would do far better experimenting with eq than trying to find amps to change the sound of any headphones. Assuming the q5 delivers enough power of course

Top Bottom