• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping E30 PS - SMPS vs LS

J.M.D

Hi Fellow Members,

This is my 1st post :)

Currently I am powering my E30 with a Wall type iPad adapter which has a solid and steady output of 5.11V which I think is great. And already switched to Toslink from USB which took the DAC to another level in terms of SQ as I found USB to be more noisy.

However I am looking to improve the sound even further by reducing the noise floor may be switching to a LPS ?

Has anyone did a direct comparison with an iPad adapter/Power Banks and a LPS to tell if there is any difference ?

Please note that I will be only relying on Chinese LPS if I should go for one.

Also my setup goes like this PC>OPTICAL>DAC>RCA>ONKYO-AMP>SPEAKERS.

tw99

LPS won't make any difference. Looks at Amir's test results, it returned excellent numbers "despite" being powered from a random USB hub in his setup.

Last edited:

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
OP
J

J.M.D

Thanks @ tw99 & pozz for the immediate responses and warm welcome :)

Yes i have just passed by Amir's thread but i couldn't conclude that LPS wont make a difference at all. As from my experience switching to Wall-Wart power from USB(Nasty noise) improved the Sound/Noise floor at least to my ears. But i couldn't tell a difference between the WW and a power bank. In Amir's thread, he confirms there was no difference in USB power either. But in my case it wasn't the case hence thinking of LPS if it can improve further. Tbh, i would like to depend on the audible differences rather than on paper-which i don't understand anyway. :D

Last edited:

tw99

If you choose to read this site a bit more, you'll learn that the "audible differences" are usually imagined. Save your money...

Hemi-Demon

Maybe try the Topping P50 LPS. I personally found it cleaned up some of the USB noise when I owned the D50s.

Top Bottom