• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping E30 DAC fault

lewis

Topping E30 DAC has a problem.
It won't power on from the USB. It will work if I power it from the 5 volt input but that means I have to connect the USB and power separately.
Is there a fix for this? I want to just power it from my laptop.
Any ideas?
Thanks, Lewis.

suttondesign

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Not enough voltage from the laptop, maybe? Sometimes you can goose that by plugging in the laptop, I think.

OP
lewis

lewis

Thanks but I don't think that's the problem as 5v from a phone charger doesn't work either.
I think it's something wrong with the USB power input of the DAC.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It takes 5v 1amp from the power wire, but I've measured them in use at 450ma. Your USB port on the laptop should be able to power it with two USB ports. I'd disable any power management for your USB ports and hubs, but it's not going to run without the power cord hooked up. Just can't be over 5 volts for a charger or it'll brick the thing into protection mode.

Top Bottom