• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping dx3 pro + L30 II

davidebond

Hi. What if I connect a Topping dx3 pro with a Topping L30 II to drive a Sennheiser HD 650? It could sound very stupid and indeed it is, but if it is true that the L30 II (not the first version) has such power, I could use the dx3 as pre-amp.
Thanks and best,
Davide

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm listening to the HD6xx right now with a Topping LII driven by an E50 DAC with RCA cable. I just sold a DX3Pro+ yesterday and it's got the power for those, just the LII will have headroom to easily do a -6 preamp reduction if you equalize with an Autoeq profile which I'm doing too. At 1 o'clock in high gain with plenty of room left. An E30 will do great too, just never use a fast charger for power or you'll brick it.
I'd first get the DX3Pro+ and then see if it's loud enough, then if you need more power add the L30II later. I really like the original E30 if it's got the connections you need. Sometimes used you can steal one.

OP
davidebond

davidebond

According to my opinion, It Is loud enough. In fact, I listen at -6.00 and for me it is strong. I feel that it lack of spatiality. Only that.

OP
davidebond

davidebond

I use already the dx3 pro. I bought the jds Lab atom, but I need something more warm.

Top Bottom