• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

KingFiercer

His written review has links with 10% discount code on the D90! Limited to the first 100 units. Grab them while you can.
Thanks! At least 10% is already nice.
I ordered one. I compare it with the D70, and if it has same sound presentation but with improved dynamics and bass reproduction, then this is may be the endgame DAC for me.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I would like to see a DAC+amp combo from Topping using the same DAC section of D90 with a similar high level and high power headphone amp around the 1,000usd mark. Now that would be a killer product. :)

slingshot

Here is a new review:

I just watched this video and I am glad I did. I didn’t realize you could use the RCA and XLR outputs simultaneously. Right now it is in my office system connected to a receiver. However, I will move it to my main system where I have a Focal subwoofer and Omega speakers and see how it sounds. I had been thinking that I would have to purchase a preamp to drive these speakers.
The reviewer did not test the preamp section of the D90 separately. He used the Benchmark HPA4 preamp. I would rather not spend another $3,000 for a quality preamp plus another interconnect cable and power cord. I will post on the reviewer’s forum to see if he can provide some information on this.

Last edited:

Oukkidoukki

Addicted to Fun and Learning
If you can, connect some speakers and record youtube video of d90 playing....no video about d90 in yt

AndrewDavis

My D90 should be here tonight and I can give a brief update and how it pairs with the Geshelli Archel 2.5.

@AndrewDavis I can measure mine for you.

Oh, thank you but don't trouble. I could just measure mine! :)
IMG_20200116_164323__01.jpg

Blur

Forum Donor
One note: if you think the XLR output is not working or has low output make sure your Geshelli gain is on. :p

Gradius

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I might buy D90 in future.

Which headphones amp you guys recommend? Not too expensive, but of good quality (like Atom amp, but it has no balanced in/out, so no).

VeerK

Which headphones amp you guys recommend? Not too expensive, but of good quality (like Atom amp, but it has no balanced in/out, so no).

I am pairing the D90 with the THX887, it has balanced interconnects, low noise floor for IEMs, abundance of power, audibly transparent. Another option is the Geshelli Archel Pro 2.5, you can ask some users in this thread how they like its features.

GeorgeWalk

I should be getting my D90 on Monday. I plan to test it with and JDS Atom and O2 amps, as well as Sennheiser HD660s, HD599, and Pinnacle P1 IEMs

I will let you know what I discover.

BenF

Forum Donor
I should be getting my D90 on Monday. I plan to test it with and JDS Atom and O2 amps, as well as Sennheiser HD660s, HD599, and Pinnacle P1 IEMs

I will let you know what I discover.

It's a perfectly transparent DAC. There's not much to discover. You can experiment with the roll-off filters, if you like...

GeorgeWalk

Maybe I should get some liquid metal power cables or quantum headphone connectors so I can experience sonorous base and scintillating treble with hints of rich, smoky mid-range. :) :)

Top Bottom