• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D10s vs Fiio K3 - Use As USB To SPDIF Bridge Only

mitesh.soni

Hello all, wondering if you can help. Great forum and lots helpful information.

I'm after some advice. I can find lots of threads and discussions on how good the Topping D10 / D10s is to use as a USB To SPDIF Bridge using Coaxial out.

I want to find out if someone has done comparison on how good the USB to SPDIF Coaxial is on the Fiio K3 vs the Topping D10 / D10s. Both are similar prices in the UK which one is better? I will not use either for anything else other than USB to SPDIF Coaxial function. My source is either a MacBook Pro or iPad Mini 4 playing upto 24bit/192khz music.

Veri

Master Contributor
I want to find out if someone has done comparison on how good the USB to SPDIF Coaxial is on the Fiio K3 vs the Topping D10 / D10s. Both are similar prices in the UK which one is better? I will not use either for anything else other than USB to SPDIF Coaxial function. My source is either a MacBook Pro or iPad Mini 4 playing upto 24bit/192khz music.
The D10/D10s has been tested here to be a good one, the K3 has not. For that reason I would go with the Topping.
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...-topping-d10-as-usb-to-s-pdif-converter.2699/

Veri

Master Contributor
OP
M

mitesh.soni

Veri

Master Contributor
Thanks, how does it compare with the Singxer F-1 as I can pickup a used one for similar price to the Topping D10s.
Don't know the F-1, sorry! On head-fi it was popular some time ago I think.. if you can get it for a good price go for it. For similar price, I'd get new D10(s) :D

OP
M

mitesh.soni

I’ll get the D10s as it seems that is the best and also for the money.

Only issue is no one seems to be able to ship to the UK for while, checked on both amazon and eBay.

Top Bottom