• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fiio Q11 vs Topping DX1 (For Beyer DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm)?

Yashiro_R

Fiio Q11 vs Topping DX1 (For Beyer DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm)?

I am leaning towards Fiio Q11 due to it working with my phone. Anyway, I'll go with the DX1 if the Sound Quality is significantly better.
I listen to lots of old recording on m1 macbook air (like the 2023 Karajan's 9 Symphonies Remaster), there's too much noise & my headphones feel a little under powered.
Help me out here Guys!!!

Gigachad

I personally like AKM Chips a lot more than Cirrus Logic, so I can recommend the DX1. I did some measurements of it, you can see them if you click on m profile.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Both will be plenty loud enough with the DT 770 Pro 80Ω.

I'd choose the DX1, not least because there's no built-in battery to inevitably fail.

OP
Yashiro_R

Yashiro_R

I personally like AKM Chips a lot more than Cirrus Logic, so I can recommend the DX1. I did some measurements of it, you can see them if you click on m profile.
Any Difference in sound between the two? I think AKM (& it's velvet thing) might have less noise than the Cirrus Logic chip.
I was looking for Fiio Q11 as it can be used with my phone (which has around 150 Albums in flac 24 bit 96-192khz).
Did you test it with M1 Air, Battery Drain?

Gigachad

Any Difference in sound between the two? I think AKM (& it's velvet thing) might have less noise than the Cirrus Logic chip.
I was looking for Fiio Q11 as it can be used with my phone (which has around 150 Albums in flac 24 bit 96-192khz).
Did you test it with M1 Air, Battery Drain?
DX1 sounds better, if you go into subjective territory, I would say cleaner as well as more colorful.
You can also run the DX1 off your mobile phone if it supports at least USB 3.1 with the right adapter. USB 3.1 allows for more power to be delivered than USB 2. I don't have a M1.

OP
Yashiro_R

Yashiro_R

DX1 sounds better, if you go into subjective territory, I would say cleaner as well as more colorful.
You can also run the DX1 off your mobile phone if it supports at least USB 3.1 with the right adapter. USB 3.1 allows for more power to be delivered than USB 2. I don't have a M1.
Thanks! will go with DX1, can I put just a simple usb c adapter on top of the given cable for m1 or will I need a different cable all together?

OP
Yashiro_R

Yashiro_R

USB C Adapter works
Got the DX1 Today. Works great (though I feel it's still burning-in).
With a simple USB-adapter, works great with m1 Air.
Works great with Samsung M31 Phone (Which weren't supplying enough Power to Beyers, making them sound Dead, now they sound Great)

Using Poweramp (which is great), but Tidal is not outputting anymore than 16bit audio (Android Problems), Any Solution?

Last edited:

staticV3

Master Contributor
Using Poweramp (which is great), but Tidal is not outputting anymore than 16bit audio (Android Problems), Any Solution?
You can use USB Audio Player Pro or HiBy Music to bypass the Android audio pipeline and stream Tidal directly to the DX1.

though I feel it's still burning-in
There is nothing inside the DX1 that could possibly burn in.

OP
Yashiro_R

Yashiro_R

Guys I almost feel like it's a lie that DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm doesn't require a Amp/Dac, these sound amazing with a Amp. On M1 Air, they sounded Real ****** & I never knew what I was Missing, Thanks Gigachad. & Static for awesome suggestion!!! My Phones 24bit 192khz library finally is in use again & I can't be any more in bliss!

Top Bottom